Awesome Comments From Our Awesome Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Comments From Our Awesome Customers

Mindy asked that I start a thread where we could say "thank you" to the many, many awesome customers who send us extremely nice emails each and every day (to counter my thread about the people who are mean to her ), so here I am. To get the ball rolling, here are two very nice emails that really made her day:

Thanks ever so much for that. I have to say that I am very impressed to receive such a personal response and from the person whose name I've heard mentioned often on the forum and the Facebook page. CD certainly sounds like a one of a kind company.
    I just wanted to take the time to send a thank you to you guys. I started out with CD by chancing my luck on getting a signed Secretary of Dreams Volume One when they were announced - and actually got through and got one. This became the first book actually signed by Stephen King that I had been able to add to my collection since I'd started. Little did I know what evil was in store for me. Not long after that, the emails came so innocently. Luring. Enticing. They said "Grab Bag" with a price that I couldn't believe wasn't a misprint. So what the heck, huh? Give it a shot. Then it arrived. Yep, that sold me and I've pretty much been a constant buyer since. While I'm still on somewhat of a budget and can't afford the highest and coolest items with Letters and traycases, every book I've received from CD has been beautiful.

Since 2006 when I got SODV1, I've been introduced to an orchestra of authors I never would have run across otherwise. Many of them I now consider among my favorites, and I can't thank you enough for this. Douglas Clegg, Tom Piccirilli, Al Sarrantonio, and Brian James Freeman just to mention a few - and my book collection is once again expanding. I love the grab bags for the fact that I get 2nd or reading copies of books that I can lend to friends who appreciate them and have made a few converts to the joy of getting packages from you folks in the mail.

Now being an owner of 50+ CD books, a magazine subscription, member of the Early Reader's Club and Collector's Club, I can pretty well say I'm a big fan of the quality of the works, the authors, and the workmanship involved in the final products that I continue to receive.

On behalf of both my bank account and my free time, I would like to say...damn you. And thank you.
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Great idea, Brian. I mean, Mindy. Looking forward to reading the emails for this thread!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've only dealt with Mindy twice and I LOVE HER! She is QUICK I believe she is also a Sweetheart but I'm only guessing cuz as I said, Twice.

Comment

Twice is more than enough to get the correct imporession of Mindy! You're right on the money!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You know, now, Brian, Mindy's gonna get 10 times the amount of emails she usually does, just from people hoping to see their comments on this thread! You just extended her workday by an hour!
          Last edited by srboone; 02-17-2012, 02:20 AM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            You know, now, Brian, Mindy's gonna get 10 times the amount of emails she usually does, just from people hoping to see their comments on this thread! You just extended her workday by an hour!
            HA!
            Brian James Freeman

Comment

Mindy R O C K S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                I've only dealt with Mindy twice and I LOVE HER! She is QUICK I believe she is also a Sweetheart but I'm only guessing cuz as I said, Twice.
                Once would be all it takes! And that goes for all the CD staff I've dealt with (Brian, Dan)! If more companies would run their businesses this way, by making each customer feel like he/she is important, that the purchases the customer is making, be it 1 book or 20, really mean something to everyone at the company, and sending out personal responses, not automated messages, the world would be a better place!

Comment

Amen to that!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And another Amen from me.Mindy has been great and she deserves all the great recognition she gets.I deal with other small press companys and the big boys could all learn something from them.Thank God for the small press keeping new authors and older authors relavent.It is kind of like the music industry you need to look to the indie labels to here great things.Small press = substance.

Comment

I have been buying from CD since 1998 and in that time I have dealt with Mindy, Brian and back in the day Kelly Laymon. The folks at CD are always quick to help and treat their customers as they should be treated, with respect and a genuine concern that the customer is satisfied. Any company doing direct to customer business would be well served to follow the examples the fine people at CD have displayed over the years. On a side note one of my strongest memories from communications with CD was pulling up my email one morning with a note from Richard Chizmar, he sent a note to tell everyone of the passing of Richard Laymon. At that point I had only read three Laymon books all of which I had received from CD. I wish I had printed that note out as it was lost years ago with a computer crash but I do remember the feeling that the folks at CD had lost a member of their family. I did not know the man but felt a significant loss at his passing. I thank CD for making someone across the country feel like part of your family.
                      Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      And another Amen from me.Mindy has been great and she deserves all the great recognition she gets.I deal with other small press companys and the big boys could all learn something from them.Thank God for the small press keeping new authors and older authors relavent.It is kind of like the music industry you need to look to the indie labels to here great things.Small press = substance.

Comment

And as a counterbalance to the other thread, here is a really nice email I saved from last year:

The UPS man just dropped off my "Knowing Darkness" book and it was in perfect condition. Out here in rural Oklahoma a package is very likely a tractor part, or a camo hunting jacket, so packages often don't get the respect due them, especially if it's coming from CD. Anyway, I wanted to offer my thanks to your shipping department. You guys always to a very good job packing my books up, and I really appreciate it. The outer box can look like the truck dragged it here, but the treasure inside is always pristine. Many thanks.
                        I thought I'd post that today since Dan and Dave are in the back dealing with all kinds of shipping issues due to the local Post Office giving them a hard time.
                        Brian James Freeman

Comment

I always appreciate good packaging. Once I got a book pacakage that looked like it had been through world war III, but the book inside was un damaged (much to my relief). The only problem was undoing the wrapping. I took me nearly 10 minutes to get it out of it's body armour! But it was worth it.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            I always appreciate good packaging. Once I got a book pacakage that looked like it had been through world war III, but the book inside was un damaged (much to my relief). The only problem was undoing the wrapping. I took me nearly 10 minutes to get it out of it's body armour! But it was worth it.
                            My favorite story about product packaging/shipping was from a customer whose copy of a King limited edition was left by UPS on their front porch before a blizzard... and the customer found the box a week later when the snow melted! Luckily, there was so much tape on the box that it was waterproofed and the book was good as new.
                            Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                              My favorite story about product packaging/shipping was from a customer whose copy of a King limited edition was left by UPS on their front porch before a blizzard... and the customer found the box a week later when the snow melted! Luckily, there was so much tape on the box that it was waterproofed and the book was good as new.
                              You must've packed that box.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                              X