No announcement yet.

Sign that you are getting old #19545

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books don't make me feel old yet, but certain music does. Dave Matthew's Band's Crash makes me feel old when I hear it because I remember being in Jr. High when that was first on the radio (I'm 30)
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      Ah, Tom & Teri ... the bliss of youth ... I remember .... I remember .... nope ... I don't ... dammit !!!!
      Don't worry I dont remember much of anything either. lol. you don't have to be old to have the symptoms of it I am 25 and have Memory Loss, Hearing loss, Bone loss, knees that dislocate for no reason, arthris, carpel tunnel and the worst of them alll....HEARTBURN....lol. I was not joking when I said I feel old.

Comment

another 25 year old. But with medical issues i feel like i'm a 100 sometimes!

Comment

Not just 25 either but a quater of a century old!!! Now that is ancient!!!

Comment

So, what is 50? Decrepit?
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I would say mature? Like a nice cheese My Dad is about to turn 50 and i'm going out tonight to celebrate my Grandmother's 80th!

Comment

Mature. As in preserved?
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nope, i really should have a way with words but i need more sleep, getting up early at the moment is killing me...

Comment

50 is still very young. And someone mentioned Dave Matthews from high school? Where were you when John Bonham died? Or how about remembering when "Hotel California" was released? Followed closely by "Rumours". And, God, wasn't Boston's first album right about that time too. Radio was once so great.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Being not quite 50 the one that sticks out to me was when Bon Scott died. I was on my way to a friends house after school and Highway to Hell was playing, when the song ended there was a moment and the DJ came on and announced that he had died.
                      Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      50 is still very young. And someone mentioned Dave Matthews from high school? Where were you when John Bonham died? Or how about remembering when "Hotel California" was released? Followed closely by "Rumours". And, God, wasn't Boston's first album right about that time too. Radio was once so great.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        It will be by the time I get there. Maybe sooner at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Better not be - I'm six weeks away for this ... landmark ... and, thus far, most of the faculties still function not too badly, still have my own hair, teeth and most of my internal organs, don't have the urge to collect cats or teaspoons from foreign countries, play lawn bowls, bake scones, garden, dye the gray, pluck excess nose/ear hair on a semi-regular basis, complain about the deviltry in rock music or watch anything on TCM !!!!

Comment

Oh, Teri, don't be a gloomy gus. I'm quickly approaching that mark, but asides from putting on too many pounds in the past decade or so, I'm feeling quite alright.

Oh another question for the group, to see how old you are... Do you remember where you were when Reagan was shot? I was home sick from school and got to watch the whole thing unfurl on CNN (And that daylong coverage on CNN was a fairly new experience then).
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Is it a sign of my age that I have no idea what Lawn Bowls is or is it because I am Canadian? lol

Comment

Dammit! TCM is a symptom of decrepitude????? I've seen 90% of what they show!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X