Sign that you are getting old #19545

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign that you are getting old #19545

You can look at your bookshelves and find several hardbacks that are 30+ years old that you bought new yourself as a teenager when they were first released....

Luckily being 25 i don't have that problem ... yet, but i do feel the years sliping away!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      You can look at your bookshelves and find several hardbacks that are 30+ years old that you bought new yourself as a teenager when they were first released....
      Thanks now I feel old again

Comment

"Older", brother, "Older"!! HAHAHA!!
        MDH

Comment

I don't have that problem so much as seeing some of the anniversary reissues. I remember the hub-bub about "The Exorcist" (couldn't read it or see it when it first came out) and that book is 40 years old now. "It" is 25 years old now???!!! I have distinct memories about reading that, and avoiding all the storm drains on the college campus for a full month after I read it. The ending of the book was so nice, but now that I realize it's 25 years later, I'm wondering if the cycle is about to start again.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Yep!! I remember riding several miles on a bike to pick up IT the day it came out. Good times.....You felt like you "earned" that book when it didn't just show up at your door.

Comment

My bookshelves are littered with those kinds of books! I still have the first copy of dracula I ever read. It's a kid's adaptation. It's not even an abridged version! (of course the story is told in the form of correspondenses and diary entries--that would not make for a simple abridgement, I guess.)

D1.jpgDRAC3.jpg

It's a 6 X 9 92-page paperabck that I bought new at a bookstore in Goodland, KS in 1973 for $1.25.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Some pretty good 1970's art:

DRAC2.jpg

D2.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm following you I still have my first HC (not 1st edition) of the neverending story (italian edition) dated 1986 IIRC. Illustrated and printed in two colors (one for this world, one for Fantasia. Bound in red velvet, and the first leter of every chapter is illustrated like medieval manuscripts

Comment

That demands some picutres! I think i've seen that version, but I never bought it (I went for IT instead .)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      That demands some picutres! I think i've seen that version, but I never bought it (I went for IT instead .)
                      I can't find pictures online, so you'll have to wate about 3 weeks (the book is in my parent's house...)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                        Luckily being 25 i don't have that problem ... yet, but i do feel the years sliping away!
                        Good to know theres another 25 year old on here. But I do feel so old. I might be 25 but I feel like i am at lest 70. I do feel young when I look at my bookshelf and realize that half of my SK books were printed before I was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                          Good to know theres another 25 year old on here. But I do feel so old. I might be 25 but I feel like i am at lest 70. I do feel young when I look at my bookshelf and realize that half of my SK books were printed before I was born.
                          Ah, Tom & Teri ... the bliss of youth ... I remember .... I remember .... nope ... I don't ... dammit !!!!

Comment

I am told I was young once, but I sure don't remember it.
                            Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            Ah, Tom & Teri ... the bliss of youth ... I remember .... I remember .... nope ... I don't ... dammit !!!!

Comment

"Youth is wasted on the young."--George Bernard Shaw.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X