Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King novel most in need of a signed limited edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love open-ended conclusions for some books AND movies. Obviously if I want to watch something mindless I'd rather have a conclusion, but I like when I am able to use my own imagination to form a conclusion. I would assume the movie of Cell will have more of a defined conclusion, and most likely that will translate better to the screen for that movie
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

My problem with Cell wasn't so much with the open-ending, but what I felt was a rather lackluster third act. There was a tonal shift that occurred after a character's death that I felt the book couldn't recover from. I thought the actual ending of the book worked fine. I have no problem with open-endings as long as they are pulled off properly.
      Spoiler!

Comment

Sock Monkey,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might want to use Spoiler Tags around your references to The Shawshank Redemption.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

I fixed it. That said though on a movie / book that old I'm not really sure spoiler tags are necessary.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
            Sock Monkey,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might want to use Spoiler Tags around your references to The Shawshank Redemption.
            Sorry guys! Thanks for the fix, Dan! :-)

Comment

I would not have wrapped it with a spoiler since I would everyone had read the story and watched the movie by now. With that said
              Spoiler!
              Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Sorry guys! Thanks for the fix, Dan! :-)

Comment

I haven't done either yet. It's in both of my piles tho and has been for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                  I haven't done either yet. It's in both of my piles tho and has been for a while.
                  I feel vindicated.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Well, I got yelled at on goodreads for saying "Rosebud is Kane's sled"!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wow!
                      Originally posted by srboone View Post

Comment

It was a reaction to someone complaining that I had made a post about Wizard & Glass being one of Roland's mistakes (both the events and the telling of them to his ka-tet). I had been used to the one-click spolier tags on the CD forum. The idea of typing out spoiler tags was...unthinkable!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

LOL! I bet they loved you at goodreads. That's like revealing the "surprise" about Jaye Davidson's character in The Crying Game.
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Love your signature quote, T-Dog. I felt like I had lost IQ points from watching Malibu's Most Wanted!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Love your signature quote, T-Dog. I felt like I had lost IQ points from watching Malibu's Most Wanted!
                              Thanks Squire!

LOL! You have my sympathy for sitting through Malibu's Most Wanted. That "comedy" should come with the government health warning "may cause numbness of the brain."
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Well, I just avoid anything that has Jamie Kennedy in it now!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X