Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King novel most in need of a signed limited edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to agree about Cell. I really enjoyed that one and would love a limited edition of it, though I likely couldn't afford it
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Cell would be a great limited edition to have!
      What about Needful Things?

That would be my favourite to have, followed by Different Seasons.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

'In the Path of the Eclipse' featuring Dolores Claiborne and Gerald's Game or Different Seasons.

Comment

I guesed a compilation of DC and GG when CD announced an anniversary edition that was 700 pages long for one of their grab bags that turned out to be....Floating Dragon.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yea floating dragon was disapointing to me. I'm sure its a great book but you all know I was hoping squire was right. I would love to see Cell have a limited as well...Would satisfy two of my cravings.

Also, without a Cell how does BW get his CD emails immediately? lol. I freaked out when my hotmail wouldn't sync and I actually almost missed the dark man art portfolio because of it. I decided to check my hotmail on the computer at work because Brian said some art would be announced that week. I even asked Dan to let me know if I need to check my email lol. I gave in after I almost missed the dark man art and forwarded all of my hotmail to my gmail and I just use that from now on. Only reason I didn't switch long ago was because everyone has my hotmail. Anyway my point is, I can live without my blackberry.

Comment

Working the third shift I sleep weird hours. Sometime during the day.Sometime at night. So when CD says they have a big announcement I just wait to go to sleep. Now I have been a part of the CD family for so long that I get early announcements on a lot of things. Another reason to be a part of the cdcc.

Comment

Well, if I was in charge of picking a new s/l for King, I'd probably do Pet Sematary, Duma Key, or Lisey's Story. Cell was a good read, but seemed to lose steam at the end for me. I'm not the biggest King fan in the world so for me to drop the amount of money on what his s/l editions command, it would have to be on one of his books I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Well, if I was in charge of picking a new s/l for King, I'd probably do Pet Sematary, Duma Key, or Lisey's Story. Cell was a good read, but seemed to lose steam at the end for me. I'm not the biggest King fan in the world so for me to drop the amount of money on what his s/l editions command, it would have to be on one of his books I really like.
                  That's because it didn't end.

Comment

It ended, just not the wat you wanted it to.

But the ending was the best part of the book for me.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Agreed. The ending was just awesome!!!
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

Yeah, King's point in the novel seemed to be that mankind needs to reboot it's thinking about certain topics. His job was simply to get us to the reboot stage. Where we go from there is up to us.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Where we go from there is up to us is the same as not having an ending....it literally means its OPEN-ENDED thus no ending. Anyway it pissed me off. Although at the same time zombie shit never ends except when everyone dies.

Comment

I am with Squire on this one. The ending of Cell made the book. I also think they will create a more definitive ending for the movie, just as they did for Shawshank Redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I am with Squire on this one. The ending of Cell made the book. I also think they will create a more definitive ending for the movie, just as they did for Shawshank Redemption.
                              Although I loved the ending of Cell, definitive endings work better on screen. The Shawshank Redemption is a very good example of this, because the ending that was produced gave a very satisfying conclusion to the movie.
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                The Dark Half. Turns 25 in 2014.
                                This would make a fantastic limited. I can picture a bunch of pretty sweet art work possibilities even off the top of my head. This is one of my favourite King reads.

Comment

Working...
                                X