No announcement yet.

"Beneath the Bed" Fund-Raising Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered this tonight.Sent the check.As a father I know about fund raising.We did 2 last year for my oldest son for his D.C. trip.Also my boys sell tons of popcorn and I head up that fundraiser for the scouts every year.That is how they pay for summer camp and their dues for the year.Great of you to do this.

Comment

When Reilly recieved the People to People invitation in the mail last summer and I saw how excited Reilly was about the chance of going, I knew I couldn't let her down. Reilly loves history and geography and anything concerning Paris and Rome. I may never have the chance to go myself, but I want to give her that chance. Me and my wife has pulled out all the stops as far as fund-raising is concerned and it's difficult in a little rural town. After folks do their part once or twice, you feel guilty about hitting them up for yet more money. That's the main reason I decided to do "Beneath the Bed"; the amount of folks I can reach with this fund-raiser is a hundred times more than the amount we can reach in Brush Creek. And the response has been incredible. My pals at CD are even going to help out, mentioning it in their newsletter in a day or two. Hopefully that will wrap it up and a big chunk of the money owed for Reilly's trip will be taken care of. Thanks so much to all of you who have already made a donation and secured your copy of BTB.

Comment

I think the fund raiser is a great idea and am glad I was able to buy a copy. I am looking forward to getting my copy. My niece was able toake a school trip to Japan last year and I know she will remember that trip for the rest of her life. I hope your daughter has a great adventure in Europe.
        Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
        When Reilly recieved the People to People invitation in the mail last summer and I saw how excited Reilly was about the chance of going, I knew I couldn't let her down. Reilly loves history and geography and anything concerning Paris and Rome. I may never have the chance to go myself, but I want to give her that chance. Me and my wife has pulled out all the stops as far as fund-raising is concerned and it's difficult in a little rural town. After folks do their part once or twice, you feel guilty about hitting them up for yet more money. That's the main reason I decided to do "Beneath the Bed"; the amount of folks I can reach with this fund-raiser is a hundred times more than the amount we can reach in Brush Creek. And the response has been incredible. My pals at CD are even going to help out, mentioning it in their newsletter in a day or two. Hopefully that will wrap it up and a big chunk of the money owed for Reilly's trip will be taken care of. Thanks so much to all of you who have already made a donation and secured your copy of BTB.

Comment

Speaking of UM and Fear... When can I expect those to arrive Ron?

Comment

I'm getting to the bottom of the mailing list, Pete, so I should be sending your books out by early next week. Sorry for the delay, but this was a much larger, time-consuming process than I could have ever imagined. Again, I apologize to all of you out there who had to wait so long. Hopefully, the wait will be worth it once you recieved these incredible books by Thunderstorm. And maybe the remarque will be a little something extra that was worth waiting for, too.

Comment

Nice, can't wait to get these! Thanks for the time estimate.

Comment

Happy to donate!

What a wonderful opportunity for Reilly!
                Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

A special thanks to the folks at Cemetery Dance for including information and a link for the Beneath the Bed fund-raiser in their newsletter Saturday. Since then, dozens of donations have poured in. I appreciate each and every one of you who have donated to Reilly's trip fund. Thank you!

BTW, I've decided to offer a special lettered edition of the Beneath the Bed story for a donation of $20. plus $3 postage. This copy will differ from the numbered one is several ways. The paper will be a different color and the illustrations will be different from those on the numbered edition and in full-color, rather than black & white. This one will be for the hardcore Ron Kelly fans out there.

If you're interested in making a donation in exchange for the lettered edition, just contact me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to fix you up.

Thanks!

Ron

Comment

Hardcore! Hardcore! Hardcore! Got mine!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

If anyone wants to upgrade from a numbered copy to a lettered one, just PayPal me the $10 difference and I'll put you on the list. The lettered copies are about a third taken now.

Comment

Emailed my request off to Mr Kelly, now sit and wait in my darkened dungeon for a response

Comment

Are you a Kelly believer now, MR. Woot?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

On my way I would say Mr Boone (although have read Midnight Grinding, so not a RK virgin)

Comment

We're at the halfway mark on the Beneath the Bed lettered copies. If you'd like one, you might ought to grab it while they're still available.

Comment

Got me one of these bad boys as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X