[INDEXED]In Laymon's Terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
    Like all of you, I was anxious to receive my copy of In Laymon's Terms. As soon as the book arrived, I started reading it. But after too short a time, I became depressed that Laymon is no longer with us. As much as I didn't want to, I returned the volume to my shelf where it still sits today several weeks later. He was such a fine talent and (according to the tributes) a fine person as well. Even though I never met him or anything of the sort, I miss him. However, I did read The Night Show (absoultely fantastic classic Laymon) after putting In Laymon's Terms aside, and I will continue ILT eventually. But, for now, it's enough for me to know that it's on my bookkcase should I need it.
    He really was a nice guy and I know what you mean about how this book, or any other by him, tend to make people a little sad knowing he's no longer with us. I met him just one time and he was very nice and wrote a personal inscription in my book. We even agreed on politics lol, and that made me even more interested in his works.
    But I'm sure if he was still around, he'd want people to read his books and have a good scare while doing it, and that's why I still read everything I can by him and have virtually everything he published.

Comment

I was finally able to pick this up and I cannot wait for it to be delivered. It will definitely be bittersweet.
      Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
        The book and slipcase look fantastic.

I am curious as to who signed/didn't sign the book. I have 42 signatures on the two pages. I can easily identify approx a dozen of them. In addition to Richard Laymon, I count 57 contributors. Who are the 15 that didn't sign? (assuming this isn't like MONDO ZOMBIE that had signatures of people that didn't appear to be contributors)

Keep Smiling, Jan
        You mean Laymon signed this book? His sig is not in my limited edition?? I was told by CD Laymon didn't sign it ( how could he he's been dead a decade).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          You mean Laymon signed this book? His sig is not in my limited edition?? I was told by CD Laymon didn't sign it ( how could he he's been dead a decade).
          No Richard Laymon didn't sign ILT. I'm pretty positive the concept wasn't conceived till after he passed away.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by vampduster View Post
            I own an unsigned UK 1st HC of Funland, but would welcome a cool CD limited edition of it and Night-Show which to my knowledge hasn't appeared in HC.
            Even the unsigned is worth a pretty penny (I think about $150-220) But a limited edition? That'd be kinda hard nowadays since Richard has been a ghost for 10 years (and I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it).
            What I like with Laymon books even if some don't seem that good or are very slow at first, there's almost always a big payoff and he had a way of drawing you into the book. Night in Lonseome October is one of my top 5 books of his. Damn I wish he was still around.

Comment

I realize I'm 4 months late to the party here, but there's a couple of things I've been considering. One, we need a Richard Laymon biography, and a critical study of his work. Another is a reprint of A Writer's Tale: I want to read it, but I'm not willing and can't afford to pay $500 (the last offer I saw on eBay) for the privilege.

Comment

Nick, the party, like at the Overlook, lasts a long, long, long time .... You're never too late to join the festivities

Comment

I remember pre-ordering In Laymon's Terms back in 2002. Now that I have it I'm hesitant to start - feels as though a chapter in my life will close if I read it!
                  Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                  http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
                    I remember pre-ordering In Laymon's Terms back in 2002. Now that I have it I'm hesitant to start - feels as though a chapter in my life will close if I read it!
                    You could always read it one page a day! That'd make it last a long time, lol.
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

I have to agree, It is a great read with the personal stories about Mr. Laymon and the new fiction. I read a portion of it and then had to put it on the shelf for a while, I have this mental block that I do not want to finish it.
                      Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                        You could always read it one page a day! That'd make it last a long time, lol.
                        Ha! That may be the way to go, either that or just not read the final story!
                        Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                        http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Lettered edition arrived a few days ago
                          inlaymonsterms.jpg

Any news/update when the lettered "The Woods are Dark" might be released? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ReticentRomeo View Post
                            Any news/update when the lettered "The Woods are Dark" might be released? Thanks
                            It's the next one for our usual traycase maker when he finishes the three he has right now, so hopefully by the end of the year!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X