30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary - PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary - PS Publishing

Just read my PS Publishing email, and thought some of you might be interested in this!

A PAIR OF KINGS

Okay, I’m going to carry on with birthdays and celebrations with the news that we’re going to be publishing not one but *two* special anniversary editions—a right royal pair . . . a brace of Kings, even. Yes, as close as we can get to the original publication dates from way back in 1983 (April 29th and November 14th respectively) we’re going to put out 30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary . . . with new wraparound covers, new two-page endpapers back and front (each one different) and full colour wraparound artwork on a special slipcase, along the lines of the ones we’re doing for our comicbook reprint series. So that’s four spreads—*plus* a half-dozen interior b&w illustrations—for each book. The artists will be signing the tip sheets and we’re aiming to run a facsimile signature from the author. We’re planning on either 300 or 400 NUMBERED copies so, as you might imagine, we’re very excited. I hope you are, too. Watch out for further announcements over the weeks ahead.

On a slightly personal note, I’m putting up a blog related to this: CLICK HERE
    http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Just read this today as well! Pretty cool news. Although I would rather have them without the Facismile sig, they'd be cheaper and chances are I would be able to afford them!

Also, they will be running a reprint of Colorado Kid (the Chadbourne cover), printing around 200 additional copies.

Comment

I'm interested because I prefer King's early novels--his horror books. Of which, Pet Semetery was his last true horror novel.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This sounds good but not sure if I will get either.

Comment

WHAT A WASTE!!! Pet Semetary is such a classic title and to release with with a fake signature is STUPID!!! Of course, it's only my 2 cents, but I just don't get the point of releasing titles with a fake signature. I'm sure they will be nice looking books and maybe worth getting as a "gift" edition, but what a wasted opportunity!!!!!
          Last edited by bsaenz24; 01-13-2013, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Pointless including a facimile sig, i'd rather they keeps costs down, i might be able to get a copy then!

Comment

It's going to depend on the overall design, art, etc. before I decide to get these.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I don't get the PS newsletter, does anyone know how much they are??

Comment

they haven't said yet.

And, at least from my point of view, the facsimile sig doesn't seem to be 100% guaranteed. " we’re aiming to run a facsimile signature from the author" in my book reads as we want to, but havent gotten it down yet. So, there is still hope! I rather they just lose the sig and make them more affordable.
                  Last edited by peteOcha; 01-13-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Personally, I would never pay extra for a fake signature. It adds nothing of value in my opinion. It's basically just a gift edition. If it's a fair price for a gift edition, fine.

Comment

I agree, have not got any interest in paying a bunch of extra money for a facsimile signature. Even if I had the money I wouldn't wanna do that. Too bad CD didn't get these. I'd love to get a CD edition of these
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                        Too bad CD didn't get these. I'd love to get a CD edition of these
                        Yeah CD!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, CD, how did you not get these!!??

Just announce your new King book, would ya already??!!

Comment

Agreed Facsimile Sigs are just a plain ol copy which is pointless. Why pay for something like that. I agree if its worth it as a gift edition maybe but not if they price it higher for a facsimile.

Comment

I don't think it'd have a higher price for a facsimile sig. I'd say even with a fake sig it'd cost similar to the UK limited's with the fake sigs, which is similar pricing to gift editions. It doesn't sound like they are marketing these as limited editions.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                              X