Ghost Brothers of Darkland County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County

Tickets for the Atlanta-based production are on sale. GBoDC runs from 4April-13May. Narrative by Stephen King, music by John Mellenkamp.

I'm trying to justify going, but I can't at this time.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

I'm gonna grab the soundtrack when it comes out in late May (see the link, some excellent artists will be performing on it)

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2913

Comment

Anyone going?
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

God, I wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This production goes on tour this month. It will be in Nashville on October 16th. I may try to catch it. Anyone seen it?
          Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I've got tickets for the Asheville NC show! Can't wait, I really do like the music for this

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
              I've got tickets for the Asheville NC show! Can't wait, I really do like the music for this
              Congrats. Please let us know how you liked it.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                Congrats. Please let us know how you liked it.
                Going tonight, will let you know what I think of it, excited!

Comment

I posted this in another place on the forum a while back, but thought I'd repost here. "I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series. My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October" UPDATE - one of the Indiana productions is this Friday. Looking forward to it!! Hope they did not change it too much from the original.

Comment

So I went to see Ghost Brothers of Darkland County in Asheville NC and I had a really great time. I had been to the venue several times before over the years and it was a good place to see this performance. I must admit that trying to pick apart the story just from listening to the CD was difficult and after seeing King's story acted out, I love the whole project even more. I liked all the songs before and just because of my confusion, I thought I wouldn't like the story as much as I did, I'm glad I was wrong. I love the stage design and having all the characters sitting in chairs on stage throughout the whole show allowed for many songs and a fairly complex story to be told in a short amount of time. My favorite character was of course The Shape (Satan). He's always a tough character to outshine. The songs were performed in a different order from the CD and a few songs were left out while one or two were added, I didn't really care for one of the added songs and missed one omitted song "You Are Blind" but some nice standouts were "Tear This Cabin Down", "How Many Days", "Brotherly Love" and "Away From This World". I was impressed and would go see it again, my overall grade/score would be a B+
                    Last edited by Tommy; 10-15-2013, 07:03 AM.

Comment

HATECHU!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        HATECHU!
                        my first HATECHU!!

Comment

I got your rep for this and when I saw reputation comment in my notifications, I'm like oh god what did I do now. lol. I have a few bad reps. Anyway, It was just you saying thanks. I'm glad my HATECHU's mean alot to people. lol

Comment

You don't hand them out like you used to, so they are even more coveted now!
                            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I got your rep for this and when I saw reputation comment in my notifications, I'm like oh god what did I do now. lol. I have a few bad reps. Anyway, It was just you saying thanks. I'm glad my HATECHU's mean alot to people. lol

Comment

Hasn't been alot of King activity lately. lol. Wait until CD ships the Doctor SLeeps. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X