11/22/63 Book Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/22/63 Book Tour

Hey all! I haven't been on here for a bit so if I missed this thread, I do apologize. I did look around though!
    Now that a few details for certain cities have been released, is anybody going to go? I am hopin' and prayin' to get a ticket for Nov. 10th in Dallas! Am going to try for the reception! Time will tell.....what about you guys?

Dallas is the only one I'd be able to attend. Hafta just wait and see. And, so sorry about the Sox, misery.

Sure.

That's the ticket.

Yeah......
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

ooooo, you just couldn't resist could you sir?

I'll be on this computer by dawn on Wednesday! Good luck to us both! Let me know what happens with you.....

oh, and go Rangers, Rays, and Tigers!

Comment

Have a room reserved for Dallas. Now to get tickets! Hopefully.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I just booked the Amsterdam Hilton for one week.
          Hope this will impress King enough to visit the Netherlands during this tour.

sk

Comment

I'll let him know that if I manage to get tickets to Dallas!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hopefully phonig up about the Boston event later

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I'll let him know that if I manage to get tickets to Dallas!
                Deal!!

sk

Comment

Well, I didn't get a golden ticket to meet King, but i did get a ticket good for preferrerd seating in the auditorium and a signed copy of 11/22/63. Better than nothing. So I won't beable to plead your case to King, sorry Siep.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh man srboone. I am soooo disappointed. I was on this computer promptly at 9 am went through the whole captcha security code which proceeded to go round and round for 30 minutes, called showclix, was on hold for 15 minutes, only to be told "the reception is sold out and it must have been your browser" um, not quite. I checked the preferred seating tickets for the heck of it and it went through immediately. Sigh. Already have a signed book so not going to spend the travel money if I can't meet him. Looking forward to the book! Have fun and give us a report!
                    P.S. For you know what and giggles I checked ebay and there's already tickets for sale. Us true fans got screwed.

Comment

Well, I didn't get a golden ticket to meet King, but i did get a ticket good for preferrerd seating in the auditorium and a signed copy of 11/22/63. Better than nothing. So I won't beable to plead your case to King, sorry Siep.
                      Congratulations, Squire!
                      Needless to say - I'm very jealous!!

sk

Comment

That to me would be a golden ticket anyway!

Congratulations!

And no, I don't think anyone here is jealous...

son of a...

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
                          Oh man srboone. I am soooo disappointed. I was on this computer promptly at 9 am went through the whole captcha security code which proceeded to go round and round for 30 minutes, called showclix, was on hold for 15 minutes, only to be told "the reception is sold out and it must have been your browser" um, not quite. I checked the preferred seating tickets for the heck of it and it went through immediately. Sigh. Already have a signed book so not going to spend the travel money if I can't meet him. Looking forward to the book! Have fun and give us a report!
                          P.S. For you know what and giggles I checked ebay and there's already tickets for sale. Us true fans got screwed.
                          I have nothing signed by King, so I was going anyway. I had the same experience, only I had a second Explorer window open that told me after 17 minutes of waiting in the que that reception tickets were sold out. Never checked e-bay afterwards--good idea though. I thought that the tickets were going to bear your name on them and were non-transferrable, maybe I'm wrong. But if so, the joke would be on them! Then it was off to bed because I'd worked all night and waited up for 9 am to roll around.

Even though, I didn't get a reception ticket, this is how I felt then and still feel (5 hours of blissful unconsciousness later):

Spoiler!

I'll let you know how it goes!
                          Last edited by srboone; 10-06-2011, 04:01 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Got my tickets in the mail today for 10Nov11! ANd just as i thought, my name is one them. I don't know if hey'll be checking ID with the tickets, but anybody purchasing tickets on ebay or such may be in for a rude awakening. The website said the tickets weren't for resale and that if tickets are for another person to contact the office so they can be sent to them. You will also need the book voucher AND the ticket to pick up a signed copy of 11/22/63.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Got my tickets in the mail today for 10Nov11! ANd just as i thought, my name is one them.
                              That's great, Squire.
                              Congratulations!!

sk

Comment

Working...
                              X