Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WINNER PICKED for my 1000th-post celebratory drawing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINNER PICKED for my 1000th-post celebratory drawing!

My apologies for annoucing this later than I'd intended. I actually pulled the number yesterday afternoon, but wasn't able to get to my PC to type this long'ish post until this morning.

Starting with Brian's Post #11 in the "My 1000th Post: Think I'll Celebrate..." thread, I assigned every one who posted after two entries...so Brian was 1 and 2, Jeff was 3 and 4, Mike was 5 and 6, and so on. The few folks who posted before post #11 also posted with gracious condolences later in the thread, so all who posted in the thread at any point were represented in the drawing. There were 14 posters, so 28 entries total.

I used a random number generator at Random.org to select a number between 1 and 28, and the number that came up was...#3.

Jeff, you are the winner of the book drawing! If memory serves, one of your recent YT Unboxing videos mentioned that you'd won a couple free-book drawings recently, so you are really on a lucky streak, my friend...remind me to have you buy me a Powerball ticket the next time it hits a billion bucks. Please PM me your address, and I'll get the items off to you later this week.

Finally, thanks to everyone who offered their condolences on the loss of my father, a proud elementary-education teacher and an Air Force veteran. While his death was not a surprise and was, in many ways, a blessing, given his health struggles of the last couple of years, it's still a sad and raw time for all who loved him. My mother passed away four-and-a-half years ago, so I suppose if there's any silver lining to all of this, I'm glad she did not have to feel the loss of his passing. Anyway, thank you all again...your kind comments were appreciated.

CDdrawing.jpg
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Congrats, Jeff and continued thoughts for you and yours Ron as you continue to heal.

Comment

congratulations again Jeff. Thanks Ron, cool thing to do.

Comment

Thanks for doing this, Ron. Very cool of you.
        Congrats to Jeff, and, again....I'm so sorry for your loss, Ron.
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh boy. I'm thrilled to win but I'm also a Catholic school kid who is ready to feel guilt at every opportunity! And yeah I feel guilty as hell.

It sounds like your father was a wonderful man and serving others came natural to him. I think the world is lesser without him and people like him. Sounds like you had an exceptional dad.

Comment

Well Done Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Oh boy. I'm thrilled to win but I'm also a Catholic school kid who is ready to feel guilt at every opportunity! And yeah I feel guilty as hell.

It sounds like your father was a wonderful man and serving others came natural to him. I think the world is lesser without him and people like him. Sounds like you had an exceptional dad.
              Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I concur. Still thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Comment

Thanks again, guys, appreciate the good thoughts.

And speaking of free books, I’m announcing later today a drawing for free books on Twitter @ron_clinton ...looking to get some cast-offs to a good home. So if you do the Twitter thing, be sure to throw your name in the proverbial hat!
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                  X