slayn666's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slayn666's Collection

Here are the first three book shelves from my library. I probably won't take photos of everything, as I doubt anyone much cares to see the stacks of paperbacks I have scattered about .

Lettered copies of the DRP editions of Simon Stantzas's collections, and the deluxe limited of the Pugmire/Thomas collection.

My Jeffrey Thomas collection.

Ligotti, more Strantzas, Barron, etc.

My DarkFuse full-size hardcover shelf. I'm only missing Long Black Coffin and the Border Trilogy, though I'm have a deal in place for the latter. Also another copy of Deadstock, and the softcover things on top are the first issue of the now-defunct Phatasmagorium magazine and the three Felix Renn chapbooks by Ian Rogers (two copies of the third one).

Two things:

1) Forgive the funky angles on some photos, right now everything is crammed into my man cave and space is limited, so bookshelves end up in odd places.

2) Forgive the horrible organization. I'm planning on getting some real bookshelves in the near future and will be able to sort everything then.
    Last edited by slayn666; 01-25-2014, 07:10 PM.

More!

The story here is that I bought the first edition of Beneath the Surface literally the day before the DRP reprint was announced. Simon found out and sent me an inscribed TPB copy, that letter, the insert, and a chapbook.

That hard-to-make-out black one is My Own Private Spectres by Jean Ray.

Hidden behind that DRP edition of Charnell Wine is the original Rainfall edition.

The second volume of the Titus Crow books is signed. The chapbook beside London Macabre is The Hollow Earth, also by Savile.

Comment

Thanks for starting a new collection thread. It is always great to have more books to covet! By the way we love stacks of paperbacks, bring it on!
      Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      Here are the first three book shelves from my library. I probably won't take photos of everything, as I doubt anyone much cares to see the stacks of paperbacks I have scattered about .

Lettered copies of the DRP editions of Simon Stantzas's collections, and the deluxe limited of the Pugmire/Thomas collection.

My Jeffrey Thomas collection.

Ligotti, more Strantzas, Barron, etc.

My DarkFuse full-size hardcover shelf. I'm only missing Long Black Coffin and the Border Trilogy, though I'm have a deal in place for the latter. Also another copy of Deadstock.

Two things:

1) Forgive the funky angles on some photos, right now everything is crammed into my man cave and space is limited, so bookshelves end up in odd places.

2) Forgive the horrible organization. I'm planning on getting some real bookshelves in the near future and will be able to sort everything then.
      Last edited by Martin; 01-25-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

More!

The Bob Leman collection is signed, but I don't know if it's actually Bob's signature as he passed away not very long after that book was published. I've tried to find an image of his signature on the internet but have had no luck.

Some DRP titles and others.

The two Scott Thomas books that are hard to make out are Quill & Candle and Urn & Willow. Another set of Allyson Bird books from DRP; the TPBs in the previous post were sent instead of the hardcovers in this one; the DRP guys told me to just keep the TPBs.

Comment

Great collection. And what Martin says is true. We love paperback books as well as limited edition books. We are book lovers.

Comment

An awesome collection of books!!
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

You may want to ask the publisher. There is a good possibility that he signed the tip in sheets prior to his passing. CD just shipped a signed Rick Hautala novel and unfortunatly he passed away prior to its release.
              Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              More!

The Bob Leman collection is signed, but I don't know if it's actually Bob's signature as he passed away not very long after that book was published. I've tried to find an image of his signature on the internet but have had no luck.

Some DRP titles and others.

The two Scott Thomas books that are hard to make out are Quill & Candle and Urn & Willow. Another set of Allyson Bird books from DRP; the TPBs in the previous post were sent instead of the hardcovers in this one; the DRP guys told me to just keep the TPBs.

Comment

Very nice collection. Some very nice Dark Regions books there!

Comment

Very nice! I'd love to see the paperbacks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    You may want to ask the publisher. There is a good possibility that he signed the tip in sheets prior to his passing. CD just shipped a signed Rick Hautala novel and unfortunatly he passed away prior to its release.
                    I know it wasn't issued as a signed edition as I've seen copies without the signature. Midnight House/John Pelan was the publisher, and he's notoriously difficult to get in touch with. I posted about it on the Ligotti forums a couple of years back and someone that had several signed legal documents from Leman was going to scan one so I could see the signature, but he disappeared before doing so. This will probably remain the great unsolved mystery of my collection .

Comment

Another collection thread to drool over! Thnak you very much. And I'll echo the thoughts about papberbacks! Most times, that's how collections start and there a lot of collectible pbs out there. I've got a lot in my thread.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Again, my apologies for the crooked pictures.

Nothing special about these. The TPBs serving as bookends are laid out below.

Jim Butcher Shelf 1. All of the hardcovers are signed. Technically pictured but impossible to see are Backup by Jim Butcher and illustrated by Mike Mignola (signed by both), and The Kosher Guide to Imaginary Animals by the Vandermeers (inscribed to me).

Jim Butcher Shelf 2. All the Alera books are signed, as are the SubPress books (obviously). The UK edition of Emperor of Thorns is the S/N edition from Goldsboro books. Mysteriously cut out of the picture is Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards.

The Wheel of Time. The first two Sanderson volumes are signed.

Leatherbound LOTR, my first copy of The Hobbit, given to me by a friend of my dad's, and a signed paperback copy of The World and Thorinn.

The TPBs from the first photo.

Comment

Overloaded bookshelf incoming!

My (few) CD titles.

Urban fantasy shelf. Broken Homes and The Dirty Streets of Heaven are signed.

One copy of Wise Man's Fear is signed, and the three Chris Evans books are inscribed to me via author's bookplates.

The bottom shelf, which has a bunch of BCE and misc. titles stacked in front of the good stuff.

Behind the stacks. All of the Sanderson title except The Alloy of Law are signed, with The Way of Kings also being signed by the interior and map artists. Two of the Connolly books are signed.

Urban fantasy paperbacks.

The bookends from the first photo. Damned Nation is inscribed to me by one of the editors. The two jacketless books are Gods in Darkness and Midnight Sun by Karl Edward Wagner (BCE editions). I don't think the magazines need explanation on this forum .

Comment

An excellent collection of books! Your leather bound copy of The Lord of the Rings is particularly special. Any chance of you taking some individual pictures of this book?
                            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                              An excellent collection of books! Your leather bound copy of The Lord of the Rings is particularly special. Any chance of you taking some individual pictures of this book?
                              I am to please. Also apparently it's imitation leather, at least according to the info on Amazon.

Front and back covers are the same.

The spine.

Title page.

It's printed in two colors throughout.

It has a map of Middle Earth in the back (glued to the back board, unfortunately).

Comment

Working...
                              X