X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nik Houser
    replied
    Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    I hope that at least the people who were involved in the contest will vote, if I hadn't made the final round, I still would've wanted my say on who gets picked Good luck everyone-I think this will be a close contest.
    Yup, right about to print out the stories so I can go over them in detail.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just an FYI for the contestants in this round. If by chance it happens to end in a tie, the CD staff will be the official tie breaker.

Leave a comment:

• Reader/WriterJNT
    replied
    Congrats to the finalists! These stories are great! I certainly hope that there is another chance in the future for more story contests.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I still need to finish reading them all again. In that first round, too many stories started blending together, reading them one after another. This time I printed them out, so getting a fresher look.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as snotty there or anything.
    Don't worry you weren't. The only reason I was pointing how many there where is so that people aren't surprised if it gets that high. I know there where an awful lot of people waiting for the final round to read the stories because of the sheer volume of the first round. Most of the CD staff included.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I read all the stories again and placed my vote this morning. IMHO everyone of these stories are worthy of publication and it was a difficult choice. Best of luck to all the "winners" competing in the finals.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Just an fyi, there are about 125 members who have been active enough to qualify for voting in the final round.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as snotty there or anything. I just figured that one group had 65 until the last couple of days, so to me that meant 65ish people had read every story, or at least close to that, who could place a vote very quickly. Of course I didn't add in the people that didn't read any of the 1st round, and might vote this round because it's less to read or discount the people that have left the competition. We'll see, but I hope its a good turn out with 3 great stories rising to the top.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    I just voted and the stories were excellent the second time through. It was a very tough decision. Congratulations to all of you, crop creamers!

Leave a comment:

• Kenwood
    replied
    Vote has been cast. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen!

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    I've decided there is too much pressure for me to keep checking in on this. I'm going to try and not even look at the results - at all. My palms are so sweaty I'm sure my laptop may explode and take off my face if I drop in here on a daily basis.

Before that happens, in the famous line from Fame, "This is where we start paying back... in sweat!"

All the best everyone.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    So about 100 more votes to go-if everyone votes-I'm going for more tums!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    that was funny spernst...pm me (kidding)

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Oh, and my guess on total votes would be 65, as that was the lowest count in one group before the final push.
    Just an fyi, there are about 125 members who have been active enough to qualify for voting in the final round.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Oh, and my guess on total votes would be 65, as that was the lowest count in one group before the final push.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    I hope that at least the people who were involved in the contest will vote, if I hadn't made the final round, I still would've wanted my say on who gets picked Good luck everyone-I think this will be a close contest.
    I suspect this round (with the new changes) will reveal a more accurate number to the total number of actual voters. I'm glad Dan put it in for this round, because it will really bring out the cream of the crop. I've read all of the stories in the top group, and they are all excellent choices. But, seeing the best of those going through is what is the right thing. To be honest it was tough for me, as there were 4 I wanted to vote on. Whatever the case, this is the true test and good luck to those in the heat. It was a pleasure reading all of you stories.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X