X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJHubbard53
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?
    I figure with only 50 words I don't have as much opportunity to F' it up

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor

That's awesome- congtas RJ!

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

Too cool, RJ. And you're in great company too.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied

I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Gratz RJ. Keep at it.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Awesome RJ!

Leave a comment:

• RJHubbard53
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    ha...for sure

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Not really an acceptance, but there is something so pleasing about selling a couple of books Amazon, and watching your rating go from 4.5 million to the top 10,000 for a few minutes LOL. Even if it is short-lived I still get all goosed up about it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    just spoke to richard today, nothing confirmed yet, but he'll have an answer to me by week's end, we had a nice chat back and forth, more fingers crossed, (you too oz) - i feel like a pretzel

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    I have so many stories up in the air right now, one is bound to land on the positive side, yes? [Crosses fingers] I think you need a certain amount of acceptances within your rejections or the entire world goes off balance.

Leave a comment:

• Nik Houser
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.
    That'd be most excellent. Richard's awesome. He gave me my first break with my story "First Kisses from Beyond the Grave."

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
    I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD
    very cool, that would be sweet

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
    Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.
    Awesome. I have a story there right now, I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
    I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD
    Good collections-worth the wait I'd say!

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied

MLD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X