Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor
    Too cool, RJ. And you're in great company too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
      I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor

That's awesome- congtas RJ!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?
        I figure with only 50 words I don't have as much opportunity to F' it up
        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

I had my story The Wings of a Fly over at Dark Discoveries for many months. Back in March I sent a query because they had closed their submissions. I got a quick response telling me that they were just about to get to my story and that I’d hear from them in the next week or so. I never did.

When this competition came up, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Turns out I’m going to be published by CD so it was a good call. I sent an email to Dark Discoveries letting them know that since I hadn’t heard back from them, I assumed my story was not accepted and I let them know that it has been accepted elsewhere.

I got a reply back immediately. As it turns out, my story was supposed to go to the “maybe” pile. They really like my writing. (very nice to hear) What happened was that instead of the notification being sent to me, it ended up going to their Administrator email. Basically, it fell through the cracks. The gist of it is that they want me to send something else and it won’t have to go to the bottom of the pile.

Now I gotta put something together over the long weekend. I have an idea that I think will work. I certainly hope that I work well under pressure. This is a first for me.

MLD

Comment

Good luck with it, MLD. Let us know what happens!
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

good news MLD, that's why it's always good to follow up with submissions and editors, things fall through the cracks all the time
              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                I had my story The Wings of a Fly over at Dark Discoveries for many months. Back in March I sent a query because they had closed their submissions. I got a quick response telling me that they were just about to get to my story and that I’d hear from them in the next week or so. I never did.

When this competition came up, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Turns out I’m going to be published by CD so it was a good call. I sent an email to Dark Discoveries letting them know that since I hadn’t heard back from them, I assumed my story was not accepted and I let them know that it has been accepted elsewhere.

I got a reply back immediately. As it turns out, my story was supposed to go to the “maybe” pile. They really like my writing. (very nice to hear) What happened was that instead of the notification being sent to me, it ended up going to their Administrator email. Basically, it fell through the cracks. The gist of it is that they want me to send something else and it won’t have to go to the bottom of the pile.

Now I gotta put something together over the long weekend. I have an idea that I think will work. I certainly hope that I work well under pressure. This is a first for me.

MLD
                That's great news, MLD! Good luck, and I'm sure, based on Wings, it'll be great. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

That's awesome news to have your writing praised by 2 good publishers. Gratz MLD!
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Yeah MLD, way to go! Congratulations and by the way which magazine or E-zine did you edit for? I can't find it in the threads andI know you told us once.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                      Yeah MLD, way to go! Congratulations and by the way which magazine or E-zine did you edit for? I can't find it in the threads andI know you told us once.
                      Wasn't it Dark Recesses?
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Okay-so this isn't an acceptance for a story, but it is acceptance in the most nerdy way! Jonathan Maberry just read my weekly blog where I posted it in a facebook writer's forum and he said he "Loved it!". This makes me feel giddy! Here's the link if you want to read it. http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=367
                        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Is it bad if I don't know who Jonathan Maberry is?
                          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Just got word that my story "Fragments" will be part of the Twisted Library Press anthology Through the Eyes of the Undead II. Very psyched!
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Great Ken. And happy for you, Caren!

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                                Just got word that my story "Fragments" will be part of the Twisted Library Press anthology Through the Eyes of the Undead II. Very psyched!
                                Awesome! Congrats on this.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X