Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnpeters
    replied
    What the heck? I keep trying to reply with quote and I get an error message that says my message is too short?

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    somehow i managed to write a story for MOD2 today (with 8 hours to spare!) very happy with it - it's called "Fireflies" - hope to see you all in the TOC for MOD2 - best of luck

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Just got my sent off. Phew!
    Now it's the big wait until October. Best of luck brother.

MLD

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    shoot, i may miss this deadline for MOD
    Just got my sent off. Phew!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    shoot, i may miss this deadline for MOD

Leave a comment:

• Beambounder
    replied
    RISK,unfortunately is part of life;go tried and true Scribner,Viking/penguin,little brown, TOR,Del Rey.This site(Cemetery Dance) has a link for writers,right here on the sales pages. Magazines,even unsavory ones-it's how King started selling stories to Budoir ;whilst living in a motor home. Life could be worse. no motor home, no men's magazines to help start you off. He still publishes in playboy-did so just two years ago. You take what you can get early on. If you loose some babies-you'll write others. Just GET OUT THERE.Hey,i sold many paintings and illustrations over the years;only to find out they sold double me losing 50% each time,i have heard the paintings got stolen all 50 of them big ones,I eventually got my money coercion by a deep voiced coal miner named bruce who is near 7 feet tall always seems to turn a net 90 payment to net 40 really fast. unfortunate but true. Research all you can,get contracts in writing-look for feedback from others who used the publisher. It is a hard world with some very unpalatable simians -to say the least-perfect paranoia is at times perfect awareness.Beambounder

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Finally figured out my story for Machine of Death. Now if only it comes out as good as I visualize it internally. It had better, as I am up against the wall on this one.
    I'm about 1/3 of the way in on mine. But, again, really pushing the window.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Finally figured out my story for Machine of Death. Now if only it comes out as good as I visualize it internally. It had better, as I am up against the wall on this one.
    Good Luck! I outlined something about a week ago for this but just can't seem to get started on it. I'm thinking I will miss the submission deadline.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mercuryval
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    I just went to a site that was on duotrope called The Horror Zine and it shows a man who is a con artist and plagerist and I wondered if any one here on the forum know of any other rip-off publishing sites like this one. This guy steals stories and story ideas and submits them and makes money off other people's writing. NOW I'M ALL PARANOID TO SEND MY BABIES OUT TO BE PUBLISHED. I feel that we work too hard on our craft to have someone usurp our products for their own personal gain! Anyone?
    That's terrible. Though I can't imagine it would be very easy to make money this way--it's hard enough for writers to make money with their work. It doesn't seem worth the trouble to steal others' ideas and then try to sell them--I'm sure there are much more lucrative cons out there he could try!

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    I just went to a site that was on duotrope called The Horror Zine and it shows a man who is a con artist and plagerist and I wondered if any one here on the forum know of any other rip-off publishing sites like this one. This guy steals stories and story ideas and submits them and makes money off other people's writing. NOW I'M ALL PARANOID TO SEND MY BABIES OUT TO BE PUBLISHED. I feel that we work too hard on our craft to have someone usurp our products for their own personal gain! Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• mercuryval
    replied
    Great idea for this thread! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew
    replied
    Thanks for starting this thread and posting all of these calls for stories. I never know where to find this stuff. I've got a story that seems (at least to me) perfect for the 'Corrupts Absolutely?' anthology. I appreciate the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Interesting

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    Here's a new call for submissions one of the my Horror Library forum pals put up:

C O R R U P T S A B S O L U T E L Y ?

MLD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X