• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Draven! Well-earned!
    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
      Will do, Draven.
      Thank you so much, man. I really appreciate the read.

Comment

Reworking the cover for my original book, as well as the cover for the upcoming sequel. I'm not on the level of some of the other artists you see here, but hopefully they are entertaining enough. Here is where I am at so far.

Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
          Reworking the cover for my original book, as well as the cover for the upcoming sequel. I'm not on the level of some of the other artists you see here, but hopefully they are entertaining enough. Here is where I am at so far.

Good stuff! I really like the one for Grave Revelations.

Comment

Thanks Pete. Still far from done yet, but I am going for 2 different styles for a reason, but trying to keep them similar enough people know they go together. I know some people are probably asking, "What's with the giant heart?" It's key to the story--and I don't want to give anything away in case anyone decides to read it--but things aren't always as they appear. I guess there is a spoiler there on one of my reviews about that. I still want to add some detail to the creature on the cover of TT, hoping for kind of a pulpy feel. I can't wait for this to be done, so anxious to see the final product.

Comment

Enjoyed that, Draven. Good enough start to make you want to know who, or what, the man is that's about to tell the story to the captain. Very cool. Will try and keep up with the rest of the novella.

And ken, are you self-publishing these books, hence the self-illustration too? Must feel good knowing you've got complete control over the project, sort of how George Lucas tackled Episode 1 of SW... let's hope they don't end up like that though Good work.

Comment

And ken, are you self-publishing these books, hence the self-illustration too?
                Nope. They are published through a newer small publisher named Post Mortem Press. He is a decent guy. I already had done up some art long ago for these when I conceived them both, and so he let me use that instead of stock photos. I'd prefer my own handiwork over that. I have no price control or anything of that sort, but this go around (for the sequel release) he hired an editor for me as a gift for the logo design I did for him, and is letting me do the artwork.

Comment

Although, if I can score the cash I might hire one of these really nice artist to do up something special for me. I will have to see though.

Comment

Nope. They are published through a newer small publisher named Post Mortem Press. He is a decent guy. I already had done up some art long ago for these when I conceived them both, and so he let me use that instead of stock photos. I'd prefer my own handiwork over that. I have no price control or anything of that sort, but this go around (for the sequel release) he hired an editor for me as a gift for the logo design I did for him, and is letting me do the artwork.
                    Very cool. Hope the promotion goes well.
                    Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Very cool. Hope it the promotion goes well.
                      Thanks. I am pretty psyched, because I have secured a professional artist just late last night to do the front covers. This guy does some incredible work and is offering me a very low price.

Comment

Does this mean your covers will be nixed for the artist's?

Comment

Does this mean your covers will be nixed for the artist's?
                          Yes. I'll likely use my stuff for the back, and his work for the front.

Comment

Well, post the pics when they're done. A sneek peek, if you will.

Comment

Well, post the pics when they're done. A sneek peek, if you will.
                              Will do. Should be a good long while before they are done.

Comment

Thanks. I am pretty psyched, because I have secured a professional artist just late last night to do the front covers. This guy does some incredible work and is offering me a very low price.
                                Great to hear! Although your stuff was good its really cool to say "i got a professional artist to do my covers".

Iv'e set a new goal for myself: post in this thread before the end of the year (of course, other than the posts in which I am congratulating the rest of you on your exceptional work)

Comment

Working...
                                X