Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Thanks, Craig. YES, dammit, i keep forgetting to give Boden credit for that cover. Boden Steiner. His website(s) are in development.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
      Just found out today that Dark Moon Digest is picking up stories of mine for 3 more issues Happy day.
      Big congratulations, Caren. I can't wait until Stan gets back to me.

      Comment


        #63
        How does DMD work? Do on the top 3 stories get paid still? Or does everyone get paid now?
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
          How does DMD work? Do on the top 3 stories get paid still? Or does everyone get paid now?
          Depends on the contest-top three in some-flat fee for other submissions, but no one makes much money! My ghost story was for a contest, but he just said it was in the issue, not that it won or anything-sometimes he forgets to include me in the contests LOL-since we have other projects we are working on together. I'm not looking to get rich by selling stories, just get my name out so people will buy my anthology
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

          Comment


            #65
            Gratz by the way! Forgot to say that. Ya, that is the same reason I do the online serial novel. I am hoping someone likes it enough to buy my book while they are there. It has panned out a couple of times. Plus, you can always package up a serial novel at the end and sell it as well.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              Gratz by the way! Forgot to say that. Ya, that is the same reason I do the online serial novel. I am hoping someone likes it enough to buy my book while they are there. It has panned out a couple of times. Plus, you can always package up a serial novel at the end and sell it as well.
              I read some of your novel, Ozmosis. You do a good job, my friend.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                I read some of your novel, Ozmosis. You do a good job, my friend.
                Thanks! I appreciate that. Ya, I think you can read the first couple of chapters or the like.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                Comment


                  #68
                  On the brighter side of things, I have been very hard at work today and am nearing the home stretch of my 1st revision edits of that book. You have to really keep yourself from rushing when you get to the end of these things LOL.
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Even if you leave it up, I don't think it's considered published. I know us here at CD would never write off a good story just because it's been on a forum or something like that. As far as the stories go, we are going to leave the stories up for about a month or so, so those of you that wish to have feedback from the community can. After about a month though I will pull them off the public forums, and file them away. This way if we do decide to do something with the runners up later on, we have the stories as a reference point to then come back to authors and make an offer on them. No promises, but that's what the general plan is for after the contest is over.
                    So what happens if, say, we make it to the final round and don't win one of the three spots, but we sell it to some other market or antho afterwards? Should we let you know about it? Would you still keep it on file after that, or would it be discarded? Just curious.
                    www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
                      So what happens if, say, we make it to the final round and don't win one of the three spots, but we sell it to some other market or antho afterwards? Should we let you know about it? Would you still keep it on file after that, or would it be discarded? Just curious.
                      We would probably still keep it on file. Depending on your contract with who you sell it to, you may be able to sell it again. Authors sell "re-prints" all the time. Obviously if you wanted us to discard it, we would be more than happy to.
                      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                      Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

                      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                        Just found out today that Dark Moon Digest is picking up stories of mine for 3 more issues Happy day.
                        That's great- Congrats!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
                          That's great- Congrats!
                          Thanks!
                          http://www.cwlasart.com/

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Yeah, well done CW.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Dan or someone is going bust me for this, but it IS self promoting lol...I've got some low priced Stephen King stuff up for grabs on ebay right now, check it out!

                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by spernst View Post
                                Dan or someone is going bust me for this, but it IS self promoting lol...I've got some low priced Stephen King stuff up for grabs on ebay right now, check it out!

                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
                                Not self-promotion of your work though. I think this one would fit better in the Book Market sub-forum.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X