No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little known fact, there's voice recognition software built into Windows 7 if you have that. It's actually not that bad, although admittedly I haven't ever used it for heavy typing.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks Dan, I have a question for you my friend. Is it possible to clean up some of the threads that no one has visited since whatever of last year or at least whittle some of the replies from long ago away on the most popular threads. Case in point, every time I log on and see the prompt for the writing contest I think there's a new one going on and I'm late or some of the collection threads are just growing by leaps and bounds and the forum seems cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
        Thanks Dan, I have a question for you my friend. Is it possible to clean up some of the threads that no one has visited since whatever of last year or at least whittle some of the replies from long ago away on the most popular threads. Case in point, every time I log on and see the prompt for the writing contest I think there's a new one going on and I'm late or some of the collection threads are just growing by leaps and bounds and the forum seems cluttered.
        Personally I've never been a big fan of archiving old threads or deleting posts. However I most certainly see where you're coming from. Maybe I'll put it to a forum poll and see what everyone else thinks.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thank you Dan, I 'preciate it my friend.

Comment

I know someone who tried to use that software to write with, and it didn't work out well. My wife uses it for her special education students, and she says it takes most of their middle school and all of their high school years just to get it programmed to the point it is effective in their lives.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'd rather type it out manually than have to fix all the homonyms and spelling errors anyway. It slows me down when the groove is in gear. By the way what does it mean when a publisher puts you on the short list?

Comment

It means your under consideration for the final TOC. Gratz!

Comment

First day writing again since the surgery. A bit hard with the blood dripping and kleenex shoved up the snozz, but getting by. Had to get something done, though. Was getting sick of not writing already. Two chapters done, and many more to go.

Comment

Go man go!

Comment

I'd rather type it out manually than have to fix all the homonyms and spelling errors anyway. It slows me down when the groove is in gear. By the way what does it mean when a publisher puts you on the short list?
                      You made the first cuts Congrats! Even if you don't get in, making the shortlist is a huge accomplishment!
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                        Dragon is very expensive. I have it, but haven't played with it much. It is pretty cool, but doesn't recognize a lot of words-or any curse words. On a side note, got a sneak peek at the back cover of my book today Love it!
                        Come on Caren....when's that book of yours coming out? I can hardly wait .
                        I think you said in early March??

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          Come on Caren....when's that book of yours coming out? I can hardly wait .
                          I think you said in early March??
                          Working on it everyday! Just saw the back cover today, finalized the story order and waiting for the publisher to get the PDF finished for a final proofread/copyedit. March 1st is the word

Comment

I tried Dragon for about 4 months and gave up on it. It's in my unused programs pile....
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm getting ready to send Mr Swanson one of my little darlings for consideration Cee Dub. I hope he takes one or several of mine in a collection and maybe we can share the pages of an anthology in the future.

Comment

I'm getting ready to send Mr Swanson one of my little darlings for consideration Cee Dub. I hope he takes one or several of mine in a collection and maybe we can share the pages of an anthology in the future.
                                That would be lovely! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X