X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    well show me the way, because i can't figure it out.
    If only I knew the formula, I would write a book

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    well show me the way, because i can't figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    AND I love naked, embarrassed men in the water

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Hmmmm. I am more of a straight up horror gal. They were on my list for last year when I started, but around this time I got the contract for DMB and quit submitting elsewhere for the rest of the year (mostly, a few odd submissions still snuck out when I wasn't looking!). I need to get back to submitting again now that Ad Nauseam is out. I've been lazy

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    you haven't even TRIED them yet? come on, girl. we're all naked and embarrassed out here in the water, join us! i think they just like straight up horror, and i actually have a hard time writing that. i write dark, sure, but it tends to veer into the grotesque or noirish or fantastic. or i just suck.

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Shock Totem is a hard one I hear. I haven't tried them yet, but they are on my list for the year

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    keep trying. just got a recent rejection from ST too, but the story wasn't straight horror. i keep trying to stretch them, but they don't LIKE IT. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    No. Your opinion is as valid as any seasoned writer. More so. If you're a reader, then in my opinion you're the authority on what makes a good book/story, not the writer.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    I hope that doesn't make me sound too hoighty-toighty or uppity being this new to the game but I know shite when I read it. Magazine editor or seventh grade composition class.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Terrible isn't it? I get very depressed at bookstores these days.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    On that I so agree. I was going to send a story to this one magazine that I thought looked promising and the editor of the rag had a short story of his own on the site that was so incoherent and addle brained that I figured I don't want what I have associated with the magazine. The sentence structures were like sixty plus words of depressing adjectives strung together in one sentence that made no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    It's not so much the rejection that hurts; it's knowing that there's shit out there getting published.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Got another rejection; this time from Shock Totem. They don't hurt like they used to. I'll just shoot 'em... a different story I suppose. Had you going there for a bit, didn't I?

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Well, at least you tried, and for a hell of a gift too. You'll get 'em next time, Terry.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Sorry to hear that , my friend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X