No announcement yet.

Rejection Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like that, Randy. Sometimes nothing fits, then a few months later you sell a ton. It will get better.
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

you need some ideas, Randy? shoot me a PM and tell me more about the story, maybe i can give you some places.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Thanks Richard. If you'd like, I'll do you one better and send the story to you. Send me an E-mail address and I'll send it to you as an attachment to an E-mail if you'd like. That's the only way I know how to send it. Maybe if you have time you could point out some flaws or weaknesses I need to work on? Or tell me its a publishable/sellable product? I know you're really busy and I'm probably being forward but I'm kind of proud of how it turned out.

Comment

Well Richard...here it comes my friend. I hope it reached you.

Comment

got it. will take a look.

Comment

Awesome, Thanks.

Comment

Just got a fresh rejection and a form rejection at that. Please Lord, let's break the cycle of rejections. I need one more published piece. Come On Randy, Find something totally crazy good to write. Something awesome this way comes...

Comment

dude, if i don't get a rejection a DAY i feel like i'm not pushing it enough. keep at it. i have 68 submissions out right now.

Comment

Maybe I should start a 'rejection of the day' desk calender for next year like those 'joke of the day' or 'word of the day' desk calenders. At least find a way to make a profit out of all these... these... little paper bastards. What do you think, my friends?

Comment

that's too funny.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I don't come here much anymore. My new job is with the state of Texas and they forbid it. I'm glad I found a way to hook my laptop to the Internet through my phone. I'm trying to write in the mornings before I start work. It's something anyhow.

I just got my first, somewhat, personal rejection. It came from The Puritan magazine. They told me that I made it to the top tier of the editorial process but had to pass this time. Of course they encourage me to submit something else. I've been rejected by them in the past and it was a much shorter form rejection. So, that's good news. I must be getting better.

Hope all is going well with you folks.

Oh yeah, I just finished my last two articles for the final issue of Dark Recesses Magazine. We are waiting on Jeff Strand and Cody Goodfellow to submit their's, and then it will be time to publish. It's kind of sad to be saying goodbye to DR, but it will certainly free up my time for myself.

Later people,

MLD

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                          Hi Everyone,

Sorry I don't come here much anymore. My new job is with the state of Texas and they forbid it. I'm glad I found a way to hook my laptop to the Internet through my phone. I'm trying to write in the mornings before I start work. It's something anyhow.

I just got my first, somewhat, personal rejection. It came from The Puritan magazine. They told me that I made it to the top tier of the editorial process but had to pass this time. Of course they encourage me to submit something else. I've been rejected by them in the past and it was a much shorter form rejection. So, that's good news. I must be getting better.

Hope all is going well with you folks.

Oh yeah, I just finished my last two articles for the final issue of Dark Recesses Magazine. We are waiting on Jeff Strand and Cody Goodfellow to submit their's, and then it will be time to publish. It's kind of sad to be saying goodbye to DR, but it will certainly free up my time for myself.

Later people,

MLD
                          Sorry to hear about the rejection however it sounds like you were close. Good luck with the final issue of DR and keep plugging away!
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. A recent Amazon book club rated "The Great Gatsby" somewhere between so-so and poor.

Keep plugging!
                            Somewhere along the Hudson: www.wyvernfalls.com

Comment

I got a form rejection from Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine yesterday after four days. While I'm mightily impressed with their turnaround it does leave me worried for my story!

On a different tack, I've bookmarked Richard's incredible list of markets from page 7 of this thread, even if it's a little old now. My belated thanks, Richard!
                              The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                              Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                              ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Don't let a rejection worry you about a story. There are many things that have nothing to do with the story's qualities that will effect a certain publications decision.
                                Originally posted by Lucian Poll View Post
                                I got a form rejection from Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine yesterday after four days. While I'm mightily impressed with their turnaround it does leave me worried for my story!

On a different tack, I've bookmarked Richard's incredible list of markets from page 7 of this thread, even if it's a little old now. My belated thanks, Richard!

Comment

Working...
                                X