• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reader/WriterJNT
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Same! Floyd is my #1.
    Pink Floyd is easily my #1 as well. As for what music I listen to when writing, Pink Floyd seeps in a lot of times (Mostly through outlining), but I will listen to just about anything (except Rap really (It's just not my genre)) as long as it fits with the environment/mood for my story. I'm a big Rod Serling "Twilight Zone" fan, and listen to the soundtracks from the series a lot, when writing. The only truly distracting thing for me when listening to music is if I pick something that I want to listen to, for example, Stephen King's audio book reading to "On Writing". I can't write when listening to that because I want to hear what he has to say. On the other hand, during college, I usually always listen to his speech that became the audio cd, "Building Bridges-Live at the National Book Awards" a great gem for the aspiring writer!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    I hear ya, MLD. This is why I don't go to many concerts now days. When i was young, I tended not to care so much where I sat for the majority of the concerts. Now days, if I can afford to go, I'm going to make sure I can see and hear it. Gilmour tends to focus less on the show and more on the music, while Waters puts the whole thing together. I like both methods actually, depending on mood, but this Gilmour was incredible. I wanted to see this concert when it came to town, but even the nosebleed seats were going for $450 per. I'll likely not have another chance to see him solo. Saw Waters the last three concerts he brought this way. They were all good.

We will never see them all together again, as Wright died, but there is hope for something with the other three. Although if you watch the video where Gimour/Mason make an appearance at Roger's Wall tour, they look a little bitter. I thought Roger was being cool about things. So, there is a glimmer, although it is a small one.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    God, I miss Floyd. I got to seem them once intact and once without Waters. Great, great shows.

"By the way, which one's Pink."

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Been listening to David Gilmour - In Concert DVD a lot lately. This is probably my #1 dVD concert now.
    I went to go see David Gilmour back in the 80's. I screwed up and misunderstood when the tickets went on sale so ended up in the nosebleed section. It was horrible. Every time he would do a guitar solo, the entire place would go wild and I couldn't hear a thing. There he was, I tiny little dot playing a tiny little stick and all around me the roar of the insane.

When Roger Waters came to town, I made sure to get floor seats. I was in the second row just off to the right. One of the best damned shows I'd been to. Much more theatrical then Gilmour's--and I could hear everything!

MLD

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Been listening to David Gilmour - In Concert DVD a lot lately. This is probably my #1 dVD concert now.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
    Love me some Pink Floyd and NiN.
    Same! Floyd is my #1.

Leave a comment:

• Draven Ames
    replied
    Originally posted by portrait in flesh View Post
    It really depends on what type of writing I'm doing. If I find I'm struggling or trying to come up with a brand new story, I tend to opt for white noise/environmental sounds/ambient background stuff. (First latched onto it at the office...great for drowning out chatter.)

If I'm revising or things seem to be going along swimmingly, I'll dig out my Stones, Bowie, Pink Floyd, and/or NIN.
    Love me some Pink Floyd and NiN.

Leave a comment:

• portrait in flesh
    replied
    It really depends on what type of writing I'm doing. If I find I'm struggling or trying to come up with a brand new story, I tend to opt for white noise/environmental sounds/ambient background stuff. (First latched onto it at the office...great for drowning out chatter.)

If I'm revising or things seem to be going along swimmingly, I'll dig out my Stones, Bowie, Pink Floyd, and/or NIN.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Some seriously cool music on your list Kenwood. Thumbs up!

Leave a comment:

• smokedragon
    replied
    Graveyard- Hisingen Blues is awesome, and I've also been listening to Grand Magus - Hammer of the North, old school metal, got me headbangin' while tryin' to write

Most of the time I've been listening to Japan's album , Obscure Alternatives, absolutely fantastic music to write by.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    I'm with Craig, but always into checking new stuff out for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Man, I knew about five of those featured in that list, Kenwood. The pulse is flat and my finger is numb.

Leave a comment:

• JJ Holden
    replied
    Soundgarden and White Stripes! Whooooo!

Leave a comment:

• Kenwood
    replied
    Those are albums. I have about 8,000 total. So many I no longer have room for them! Haha.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    That's quite the list LOL. Are those just songs? Or albums? I might buy a dozen or songs a year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X