Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General question for the writers out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just looking for some opinions/options. I'm finishing up a sword and fantasy short story. Any ideas about who/where i should float it to??

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I can't imagine a publisher would want a higher word count. I'm sure they can sell a 300 page hardback for the same price as a 400 pager. I think it's more likely, like mid-career King, when the editors relax or lose their control over a writer. The only time I can think an experienced, quality writer would really pad is to take a story that should be a novella, and stretch it out to novel length.

I have a tendency to go long in my writing, but others usually call me on it.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I think it likely is the case with some publishers or in certain contracts where an author is supposed to have a certain word count, or gets a bonus or something at a certain word count. I don't know this as a fact, but when a book seems to have a lot of repetition or padding it does make it seem like the author needed to have it that long.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    started a topic General question for the writers out there....

General question for the writers out there....

When look at reviews of books online, I find there are actually quite a lot of comments stating something along the lines of this: There will be a good review but then in that review it will say the book as too long, and that the author must have had a page count quota.

Is this ever the case? I have seen reviews like more than a few times.
Working...
X