X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draven Ames
    replied
    Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    I'm sure it will drop some, once we get over the OCD impulse to check the polls, but I bet it levels off to a decent activity! I, for one, plan to continue and bug the crap out of you all
    +1

And I've been reading way more than I've been posting.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    as i already stated, this contest inspired me to get off my lazy ass, not literally, and do some writing. plus it has introduced me to some awesome writers. i just hope the activity doenst drop once its over
    I'm in the exact same boat there, RJ and that is truly the best thing to come out of this. The next best is getting to know all of you new usual suspects and the support group that we're creating. I really am inspired, too.

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    as i already stated, this contest inspired me to get off my lazy ass, not literally, and do some writing. plus it has introduced me to some awesome writers. i just hope the activity doenst drop once its over
    I'm sure it will drop some, once we get over the OCD impulse to check the polls, but I bet it levels off to a decent activity! I, for one, plan to continue and bug the crap out of you all

Leave a comment:

• RJHubbard53
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
    Seriously well done. Gaining this many good readers and participants is nothing to sneeze at.

So, are you going to move the winners to the Sharing Your Work section, too?
    Yes, but not until after the final round is over.

Leave a comment:

• Draven Ames
    replied
    Seriously well done. Gaining this many good readers and participants is nothing to sneeze at.

So, are you going to move the winners to the Sharing Your Work section, too?

Leave a comment:

• Nik Houser
    replied
    Seriously! Well done, Dan!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    It's also generated about 150 "active" users, as well as some extremely active users that have been posted here.
    And there you go. The point of the whole thing in the first place, right? Good job, Dan!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by mstrom View Post
    Has anyone checked out the outstanding views this contest generated? Collectively our stories managed to generate several thousand views. We should all be proud of that achievement. Hell, when I originally submitted my piece, I would have been thrilled to receive 20 views...
    It's also generated about 150 "active" users, as well as some extremely active users that have been posted here.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• mstrom
    replied
    Has anyone checked out the outstanding views this contest generated? Collectively our stories managed to generate several thousand views. We should all be proud of that achievement. Hell, when I originally submitted my piece, I would have been thrilled to receive 20 views...

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
    Biting my tongue--or fingers--or whatever.

MLD
    I have no fingers left. I'm typing this out with my nose. Typos, sadley, are par the course as a result. I sent an email out recently that featured the word "arson". The sentence ended up as, "I think your child is into arse son." CD is getting me in trouble.
    Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    I'm under no illusion my story will reach the final 3
    Biting my tongue--or fingers--or whatever.

MLD

Leave a comment:

• JJ Holden
    replied
    Well, at least the initial flurry of interest in "Sticky Rules" is well and truly over, giving the real talent a chance to emerge. We know what you were up to, Dan Hocker! ~~pointing finger~~

Joking aside:

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    it's definitely been an honor to compete, so many great stories, you all really did a great job - best of luck everyone
    Can't say it any better than that. It's been an honor, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    I assumed we couldn't talk about any of this. Like it was Fight Club, or something.

I'd be up for feedback. Spent too long submitting so if the story gets a kicking, I can dust it off and look at the common themes to help revise it in the future.

Too, it's been a hell of a two weeks. Those that have voted for my story, I'm humbled and indebted. You've proven I didn't waste the days spent writing it, and that is enough for me. To have new eyes on this, and to know it was liked is all I could have asked for. Unless there is a stampede of votes over the next 24 hours, and I would encourage those yet to vote to seriously check out Group 11 because there are some wonderful stories in there (it is quite scary being against that calibre), it looks like I'll make it to the final 11. If so, I can't ask for more. I'm under no illusion my story will reach the final 3, but this process has taught me that regardless of how good you think you are, there a hundred others even better standing right beside you. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X