X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    You know I’ve developed palpations through this process, Dan?
    I know what you mean. It is interesting how my mind preconceives the worst case scenario prior to checking the polls. Unfortunately, in this type of competition the newly formed dreams of some can reflect back as nightmares onto others. Over the years, I guess my ingrained cynicism has been conditioned to shield me from those reflections.

Yeah that gibberish I just spouted carries the stink of rationalization, but hey, delusion can be an asset if you work it right!

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
    No offense to the other great stories in group 4, but I also voted for Kevin's piece. I'm not familiar with his body of work, but I really enjoyed his story.
    Of course, I think we all mean no offense to anyone else. Some of the groupings were very hard to vote on. Just because I picked one story over another doesn't mean the others weren't well done. There was one story in my own group that made me sad, because I enjoyed it so much that I had planned to vote for it from the beginning. I voted for my own, it would be foolish not to, but I would've voted for that one otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    No offense to the other great stories in group 4, but I also voted for Kevin's piece. I'm not familiar with his body of work, but I really enjoyed his story.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I've got to add to the bandwagon Kev. You got my vote, too. I'm not sure why you aren't leading, either.

I'm finally, FINALLY finished with reading and voting. A lot of good stuff here. And since I've started to catch up with MLD in my group (after a very slow start) I've started the compulsive vote checking. Maybe there's a story idea for all of us. A sort of Poe tale of obsession in the modern age.

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    You always get my vote Kevin, you are a very talented guy and I'm proud to be able to say that I've shared the pages with you!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    ditto, it got my vote too

Leave a comment:

• RJHubbard53
    replied
    Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
    Hi Kevin,

I'm honestly shocked your story didn't keep right on top. You've really got talent. Keep it up!

MLD
    agreed. I like a story where the dialogue tells the story which I feel yours definitely did. You got my vote!

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinM View Post
    Although my story was leading early and has now dropped to third place in the 4th group, I feel honored to have been a part of this contest and I congratulate all of you who are leading your respective groups and heading into the "nail-biting" round.
    Hi Kevin,

I'm honestly shocked your story didn't keep right on top. You've really got talent. Keep it up!

MLD

Leave a comment:

• KevinM
    replied
    Whew! I've finally - FINALLY - finished reading all of the stories. Although my story was leading early and has now dropped to third place in the 4th group, I feel honored to have been a part of this contest and I congratulate all of you who are leading your respective groups and heading into the "nail-biting" round. Hope to see more contests of the like in the near future.

And I may be sending a story or two CD's way, now that you guys have seen my work and know my name!

Congrats again to all!

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Only 2 more days of voting (on this round) ladies and gents. Good luck to everyone.
    You know I’ve developed palpations through this process, Dan? Too, every time I enter the bedroom of the house, I notice there are more clothes missing from my wife's wardrobe. Either she’s having an affair, or she can’t live with me giving her an hourly update of the polls. So yes, I may lose my wife and my heart to this competition.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Only 2 more days of voting (on this round) ladies and gents. Good luck to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    what's the ebay number? jsut curious as to the market...
    You can see the page here

Leave a comment:

• RJHubbard53
    replied
    Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
    Your link on here paid off And thank you- I loved Under the Dome and have always wanted a SK signed book, so I couldn't hardly pass it by (even though we are pretty tight on money right now). I am fixing to get you paid here in a minute, but I had to wait until I got home from work so I could update my shipping address on the Pal.
    what's the ebay number? jsut curious as to the market...

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    Originally posted by spernst View Post
    Well, he whips me in the contest, but he buys my ebay auction...thank you JMCraven, for easing my pain lol!
    Your link on here paid off And thank you- I loved Under the Dome and have always wanted a SK signed book, so I couldn't hardly pass it by (even though we are pretty tight on money right now). I am fixing to get you paid here in a minute, but I had to wait until I got home from work so I could update my shipping address on the Pal.

Leave a comment:

• spernst
    replied
    Well, he whips me in the contest, but he buys my ebay auction...thank you JMCraven, for easing my pain lol!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X