Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerryE
    replied
    Hopefully it turns out as well as last year's project.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Excellent stuff, Terry. Well done!

I eventually hit the 50K mark. Thanks to Google Drive's overly-generous word count I had to squeeze out another 700 words before allowing myself to play on my sparkly new PS4. That was a tough evening!

50K forms the first part of my story. I hope to spend December outlining parts two and three, and maybe getting busy with some cover/interior artwork. It's all go!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Congratulations guys! I had a very rough go of it this year. I scrapped everything after the first week, then pantsed it. That tale turned into a short story, but I completed that with 2 days to spare. A secondary goal, but I did reach it.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Thanks! This one is mostly crap, but oh well, lol, the point was to write. Decided to reward myself by reading the Novella from this years Maelstrom set of books

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Congratulations on hitting 50K, RJK!

In another 750 words I'll be joining you. I'll only be a third of the way through the story, mind, but that's by the by.

That said, Google Drive has been more generous in its word count than MS Word.
    Last edited by Lucian Poll; 11-29-2013, 04:09 PM. Reason: Excess wordage.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucian Poll View Post
    In other news, someone at my local write-in last night hit 80K already. (Last year she passed 200K.) Jaw = floored. I don't think I can copy and paste that fast!
    Meh, anytime someone reaches those kinds of numbers I say why? That or, as when someone claimed to have done 50k on November 1st, I call BS, lol

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Those words are saved. I didn't have inspiration for something new before I started, so I went with the idea of a novelization of my screenplay. Shoulda been easy. The whole thing is plotted, broken into scenes and dialogue done. But in the second scene I just completely lost interest. I'll get back to it one day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Yep. Definitely keep those words. I know a few rebel WriMos who are adding 50K to existing projects, or starting a second story while inspiration returns on their first. It all counts.

In other news, someone at my local write-in last night hit 80K already. (Last year she passed 200K.) Jaw = floored. I don't think I can copy and paste that fast!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Oh, and unless you already have and it can't be recovered Terry, DO NOT DELETE those words! That's what December is for. If you have, well then, copy and past 1400 words worth into file and keep away from your new story.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Thanks for the input Terry. Before this morning I was between Rose and Renee, and for some reason Rae popped in my head. Don't think there was anything I was seeing that would have caused that name to pop in there! and the TV wasn't on, so it wasn't that either. After that I was leaning towards it, though still felt stuck. Don't know if was the more unqiue aspect of it that was making me lean to or just because I like the sound of. Most likely a combination of the two though. I still think it is funny I spent so much time on a character I felt on day 1 needed to die. Then it became die or have something bad happen to her. After making a list in Scivener of ideas, and then further ideas or questions for some of them, and in the case of what I have ended going with, the idea led to another idea in the form of a question, which led to a question about that idea, then a question about that first first question, a question about that question, and then 2 questions about THAT question! But after all that I know in general what will happen, though I haven't answered those last last questions. If am able to keep my story at a short enough length the tentative ending I've written will probably stay on as the ending, but if I am unable to do it in that length then I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Emma Rae is more unique, I think.

I'm way behind. I had about 1400 words and just couldn't get the next bit. So on day 7 I started a new project. I'm over 1800 words on that, so still way way behind. I'll see if I can catch up, but at least I like this new story better.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Man, when yesterday started I was between 2 middle names, and now it is 3, lol! Her name will be either Emma Rose, Emma Renee, Emma Rae with a last name of either Smith or Saberi. Unless I see another S last name that calls my name later. Leaning towards Saberi right now, as I like it better and it is not a last name most people have ever seen or beard of before. And how I soelled beard instead of heard I do not know, lol

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Thanks, RJK. Glad to see you're doing well. I'm lagging just over a day behind schedule, but, thankfully, I have a lot of story to come. Whether I can get it out of my head in any way that makes sense to the reader is another matter entirely!

I hope everyone else's stories are bearing up well.

And now back to the words...

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Like what I read Lucian, good job!

Last night/this morning was a funny (funny as in weird) experience for me with my story. I haven't written much at all for the day (I like to do my writing late at night/early in the morning when normal people are fast asleep, lol). Luckily I am a little ahead right now, so I am fine if I write nothing else for today or tomorrow. Most of what I did was research things like a good middle name for the wife of my main character (I am finally down to 2 options), added things to a list of what to do with said character (pretty much ruled out all but one option, but that led to a LOT of other questions) and write the tentative ending to the story. Debating putting that part on my book page on Nano's site as an excerpt. What I find quite humorous about all that is that the female I did all that for is likely not going to be directly involved in most of the finished story, lol. She will, however, have a pivotal role in the ultimate story line, which will go beyond the story currently in my head if I don't change the ending to this story.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Thanks, Squire! It feels good to be under way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X