Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Thanks for the insight Brian!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by truantoranje View Post
    I see other stories submitted after mine being reported as rejected on Submission Grinder. Is that a good sign, bad sign, or completely indifferent?
    There are multiple levels for stories to pass through: our first reader, our associate editor, and then the editors. The system doesn't seem to show that progress, but most of the stories that are left have passed the first reader. Drop me a line via email and I can check the status of your story for you!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    E-mail sent

Leave a comment:

• truantoranje
    replied
    I see other stories submitted after mine being reported as rejected on Submission Grinder. Is that a good sign, bad sign, or completely indifferent?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Anyone from this forum who hasn't gotten an answer yet: send me an email at [email protected] and I'll bump you to the top of the first reader's priority list! But *just* those of you who visit this forum, please don't pass this around elsewhere or it will defeat the purpose.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Mine's still 'in progress'

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    Nice! Thanks, Brian.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
    Anyone--Mr. Freeman, perhaps--with an inside track on how the CD slush is coming along? I only ask because I still have a couple of fingernails I haven't gnawed off yet, and I'd like to get started on them.
    75% done, I believe... we're getting there!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    Anyone--Mr. Freeman, perhaps--with an inside track on how the CD slush is coming along? I only ask because I still have a couple of fingernails I haven't gnawed off yet, and I'd like to get started on them.

Leave a comment:

• Liam Doyle
    replied
    I submitted a lil' something something too. It was my first submission to a magazine because I genuinely had no idea there was a such a huge market for horror shorts, certainly haven't seen anything from Ireland before anyway. I've been writing horror for years but the stories were usually left to rot on my hard drive.

Good luck to everyone who submitted. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Thanks Brian. Let us know when it reopens. I'm ready to go with another one.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    Brian if we've been rejected but have another tale to submit, is it too late? Has the window closed?
    We're closed right now, just so we can catch-up on all of the reading. We didn't want new submissions to be waiting for the previous submissions to be finished since it's already been too long of a wait for those earlier subs!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Brian if we've been rejected but have another tale to submit, is it too late? Has the window closed?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Brian!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    How are you getting along with the submissions Brian?
    Probably 50% read at this point, so we're making progress!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X