No announcement yet.

What audio book are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If It Bleeds. Loved the first story but kinda wondering what the point is for the second one. Still need to finish it and the remaining stories.

Comment

Max Brooks new novel Devolution. Absolutely love this story! I hope CD does a limited to match World War Z.

Comment

So I am not sure if you need to be an Audible subscriber for watch this. Yesterday John Scalzi did an Audible live interview. I was working at the time and missed it but I noticed it was up on Audibles website and watched it today. It is about a half an hour and pretty interesting. He actually talked about how he has modified his writing with audio listening in mind. I actually noticed the change as I listened to his entire library in just a little over a year. I noticed and liked the change and wondered about it, interesting to hear him address it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          So I am not sure if you need to be an Audible subscriber for watch this. Yesterday John Scalzi did an Audible live interview. I was working at the time and missed it but I noticed it was up on Audibles website and watched it today. It is about a half an hour and pretty interesting. He actually talked about how he has modified his writing with audio listening in mind. I actually noticed the change as I listened to his entire library in just a little over a year. I noticed and liked the change and wondered about it, interesting to hear him address it.
          I saw that. Might need to check it out.

Comment

So I am about 1/3 of the way through the Audible Sandman radio play. Enjoying it, but not loving it so far. I think some of the impact of the visuals are lost in an audio version. The time Dream spent in hell would have been great with illustrations. There are several references to Justice League/Justice League America/Justice League International. For I while I was wondering what the differences were but they eventually explained things. At least one character from the comics has been mentioned (The Joker) possibly more as several characters have been mentioned that I do not recognize. All these characters and Justice League are mentioned in passing and are not critical to the story. There has been one mention of Gotham, I believe this is a comic reference. There have been several mentions of Arkham Asylum which I take as a nod to Lovecraft. Intrigued to see where the story goes. Probably my best Gaiman story so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              So I am about 1/3 of the way through the Audible Sandman radio play. Enjoying it, but not loving it so far. I think some of the impact of the visuals are lost in an audio version. The time Dream spent in hell would have been great with illustrations. There are several references to Justice League/Justice League America/Justice League International. For I while I was wondering what the differences were but they eventually explained things. At least one character from the comics has been mentioned (The Joker) possibly more as several characters have been mentioned that I do not recognize. All these characters and Justice League are mentioned in passing and are not critical to the story. There has been one mention of Gotham, I believe this is a comic reference. There have been several mentions of Arkham Asylum which I take as a nod to Lovecraft. Intrigued to see where the story goes. Probably my best Gaiman story so far.
              I really enjoyed the first part and it's starting to pick up again near the back 1/3. Most of it has just been ok for me.

Comment

Working...
              X