No announcement yet.

What audio book are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If It Bleeds. Loved the first story but kinda wondering what the point is for the second one. Still need to finish it and the remaining stories.

Comment

Max Brooks new novel Devolution. Absolutely love this story! I hope CD does a limited to match World War Z.

Comment

So I am not sure if you need to be an Audible subscriber for watch this. Yesterday John Scalzi did an Audible live interview. I was working at the time and missed it but I noticed it was up on Audibles website and watched it today. It is about a half an hour and pretty interesting. He actually talked about how he has modified his writing with audio listening in mind. I actually noticed the change as I listened to his entire library in just a little over a year. I noticed and liked the change and wondered about it, interesting to hear him address it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          So I am not sure if you need to be an Audible subscriber for watch this. Yesterday John Scalzi did an Audible live interview. I was working at the time and missed it but I noticed it was up on Audibles website and watched it today. It is about a half an hour and pretty interesting. He actually talked about how he has modified his writing with audio listening in mind. I actually noticed the change as I listened to his entire library in just a little over a year. I noticed and liked the change and wondered about it, interesting to hear him address it.
          I saw that. Might need to check it out.

Comment

So I am about 1/3 of the way through the Audible Sandman radio play. Enjoying it, but not loving it so far. I think some of the impact of the visuals are lost in an audio version. The time Dream spent in hell would have been great with illustrations. There are several references to Justice League/Justice League America/Justice League International. For I while I was wondering what the differences were but they eventually explained things. At least one character from the comics has been mentioned (The Joker) possibly more as several characters have been mentioned that I do not recognize. All these characters and Justice League are mentioned in passing and are not critical to the story. There has been one mention of Gotham, I believe this is a comic reference. There have been several mentions of Arkham Asylum which I take as a nod to Lovecraft. Intrigued to see where the story goes. Probably my best Gaiman story so far.

Comment

So I am about 1/3 of the way through the Audible Sandman radio play. Enjoying it, but not loving it so far. I think some of the impact of the visuals are lost in an audio version. The time Dream spent in hell would have been great with illustrations. There are several references to Justice League/Justice League America/Justice League International. For I while I was wondering what the differences were but they eventually explained things. At least one character from the comics has been mentioned (The Joker) possibly more as several characters have been mentioned that I do not recognize. All these characters and Justice League are mentioned in passing and are not critical to the story. There has been one mention of Gotham, I believe this is a comic reference. There have been several mentions of Arkham Asylum which I take as a nod to Lovecraft. Intrigued to see where the story goes. Probably my best Gaiman story so far.
              I really enjoyed the first part and it's starting to pick up again near the back 1/3. Most of it has just been ok for me.

Comment

Started Later yesterday and had to finish it today. Fantastic story! For some reason I felt a Colorado Kid vibe early on but is closer to vintage King than it is his Hard Case books.

Comment

Started Later yesterday and had to finish it today. Fantastic story! For some reason I felt a Colorado Kid vibe early on but is closer to vintage King than it is his Hard Case books.
                  Listening to it as well and loving it so far. The narrator is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Listening to it as well and loving it so far. The narrator is excellent.
                    Thought the narrator was perfect for the story. The stories connections to King's other works and King himself are fantastic as well. Side note: I ran out to Barnes and Noble on release day to pick up a copy. Even though I have one coming by mail picking one up on release day is something I have done for so long I just had to do it. Barnes & Noble had not received them for release day which I found odd. Then this weekend I was in Costco and they did not have copies. Wondering if the print run is reduced for this one.

Comment

Thought the narrator was perfect for the story. The stories connections to King's other works and King himself are fantastic as well. Side note: I ran out to Barnes and Noble on release day to pick up a copy. Even though I have one coming by mail picking one up on release day is something I have done for so long I just had to do it. Barnes & Noble had not received them for release day which I found odd. Then this weekend I was in Costco and they did not have copies. Wondering if the print run is reduced for this one.
                      Ordered my copy via CD so it will be awhile before mine shows up. I've read of orders from Amazon showing up a day prior to release. I'm trying to be better about ordering more from indie bookstores these days. There is a UK 1st PB as well that I'm going to try and get a hold of. The the only difference is the CP it appears.

Comment

Ordered my copy via CD so it will be awhile before mine shows up. I've read of orders from Amazon showing up a day prior to release. I'm trying to be better about ordering more from indie bookstores these days. There is a UK 1st PB as well that I'm going to try and get a hold of. The the only difference is the CP it appears.
                        I have one coming from Night Worms today. Decided to give them a try. Since they ship in a bag I will not be surprised if it arrives dinged. I will use that one as a reading copy. I will get another from CD and that will go on the shelf.

Comment

I have one coming from Night Worms today. Decided to give them a try. Since they ship in a bag I will not be surprised if it arrives dinged. I will use that one as a reading copy. I will get another from CD and that will go on the shelf.
                          I use Water Street Books primarily for all my Hill orders so have decided to use them for other titles as well. My indie stores around here are hit and miss on the trade stuff. I usually order any King trades from CD along with the slipcase. It's for the shelf as you have stated due to it arriving long after I've read it.

Comment

I use Water Street Books primarily for all my Hill orders so have decided to use them for other titles as well. My indie stores around here are hit and miss on the trade stuff. I usually order any King trades from CD along with the slipcase. It's for the shelf as you have stated due to it arriving long after I've read it.
                            I have never thought to order a non Hill title from Waterstreet. I may do that. My Night Worms package arrived and fortunately the other book was a hardbound. Because it was a larger book it protected the copy of Later so it is pristine. The hardbound is damaged but I really do not care about that one. I was also hoping some of the 'extras' would be King related but it is just random dreck. I can now say I tried Night Worms, can't see myself trying it again.

Comment

I have never thought to order a non Hill title from Waterstreet. I may do that. My Night Worms package arrived and fortunately the other book was a hardbound. Because it was a larger book it protected the copy of Later so it is pristine. The hardbound is damaged but I really do not care about that one. I was also hoping some of the 'extras' would be King related but it is just random dreck. I can now say I tried Night Worms, can't see myself trying it again.
                              Good deal on Later arriving unscathed. Water Street sent a really nice note with my last order thanking me for the Hill orders over the years. So I thought I should throw some more business their way.

Comment

Good deal on Later arriving unscathed. Water Street sent a really nice note with my last order thanking me for the Hill orders over the years. So I thought I should throw some more business their way.
                                They have always been fantastic to deal with. Ordering other items from them just never occurred to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X