Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What audio book are you listening to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Finished the audio book of Eric Idle Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography. If you are a fan of Monty Python this is a must read.
    I picked up the hard cover. I'm looking forward to it.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I picked up the hard cover. I'm looking forward to it.
      It is a great read. At points laugh out loud funny and at point very heartbreaking. I really enjoyed the audio in part because Eric Idle reads it but just a great read no matter the format.

      Comment


        #78
        Currently listening to The Collector by John Fowles. Fantastic story so far!

        Comment


          #79
          The Outsider. Early in but enjoying it so far.

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            The Outsider. Early in but enjoying it so far.
            I enjoyed The Outsider but felt it could have been shorter.

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I enjoyed The Outsider but felt it could have been shorter.
              I felt that way about Sleeping Beauties.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                I felt that way about Sleeping Beauties.
                So did I.

                Comment


                  #83
                  I just finished listening to Roger Zelazny narrate A Night In The Lonesome October. I was glad I got to hear him perform his book, but I was somewhat disappointed. It was a bare bones affair with no music or dramatization of the material or voices. It's such an exciting book and it came across very flat.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I just finished listening to Roger Zelazny narrate A Night In The Lonesome October. I was glad I got to hear him perform his book, but I was somewhat disappointed. It was a bare bones affair with no music or dramatization of the material or voices. It's such an exciting book and it came across very flat.
                    Yea that happens a lot when authors narrate their own work. I've said it before, but the best ones are the Star Wars books, they're basically audio plays with the music and sound effects from the movies, and usually really good voice talent. In general though the best ones outside of that tend to be the titles narrated by professional voice actors. They're just better at it.
                    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                    Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

                    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I have high hopes that someone will do something like that in the future!!

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Currently listening to The Girl Next Door from Jack Ketchum. Not quite half way through but am absolutely loving it. Ketchum never disappoints!

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Finished up The Outsider recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Now picking up where I left off on the Body Snatchers. Really enjoying it about halfway through.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Finished up The Outsider recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Now picking up where I left off on the Body Snatchers. Really enjoying it about halfway through.
                            I thought The Outsider was pretty good but not great.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I thought The Outsider was up and down. Some parts I really enjoyed but some parts dragged.
                              I have just finished The Last Colony (Scalzi), Elevation (King) and Astrophysics for People in a Hurry (Neil deGrasse Tyson). All terrific - I particularly like listening to Neil d T speak. He could read a shopping list and make it fascinating.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                                I thought The Outsider was up and down. Some parts I really enjoyed but some parts dragged.
                                I have just finished The Last Colony (Scalzi), Elevation (King) and Astrophysics for People in a Hurry (Neil deGrasse Tyson). All terrific - I particularly like listening to Neil d T speak. He could read a shopping list and make it fascinating.
                                I enjoyed The Last Colony. The only Old Man's War story I have left if The End of All Things.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X