Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Tower

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Dark Tower

    So its been fairly quiet about this one for some time.

    Here's a new update:

    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brian...ade-27484.html
    Last edited by peteOcha; 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM.

    #2
    Here's more. A possibility of HBO picking up the series. A good move in my opinion!

    http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/121/1210631p1.html

    Comment


      #3
      Not sure how to feel about this. I would love to see this done, but only if it is done right. Budget cuts make me wonder what is getting cut. I do like the idea of HBO better than NBC but that also screws over anyone who doesn't have HBO unless they offer a free way to watch the episodes.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

      Comment


        #4
        50 million trimmed and a more satisfying ending...sounds like a lot of fans are going to be angry...
        "I'm a vegan. "

        ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          50 million trimmed and a more satisfying ending...sounds like a lot of fans are going to be angry...
          I don't think he was talking about a more satisfying ending to the store, just to how they wrote the script.

          Edit: Also hardcore fans are going to be angry no matter what they do. Just like they where angry with how LOTR and Harry Potter turned out.
          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

          Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

          Comment


            #6
            You give these Hollywood types too much credit; they are back-slappers and they love to congratuate themselves more than anything! If there's one thing Hollywood hates, it's an ambiguous ending. I just never believed Hoolywood had the right stuff to make this movie/series. The cash, maybe, but not the "stuff." Particularly not the Howard/Glazer team. I have been, and still remain, a skeptic in this matter.
            "I'm a vegan. "

            ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by srboone View Post
              You give these Hollywood types too much credit; they are back-slappers and they love to congratuate themselves more than anything! If there's one thing Hollywood hates, it's an ambiguous ending. I just never believed Hoolywood had the right stuff to make this movie/series. The cash, maybe, but not the "stuff." Particularly not the Howard/Glazer team. I have been, and still remain, a skeptic in this matter.
              I stand by the idea that King wouldn't have sold them the rights to make the movies if he didn't think they could do a good job. It's not like he's hard up for cash and needed the money.
              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

              Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

              Comment


                #8
                I don't see anything that says that King has any kind of creative control over the project. We'll see...
                "I'm a vegan. "

                ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I don't see anything that says that King has any kind of creative control over the project. We'll see...
                  Oh he doesn't, but he had to sell them the rights. I don't know about you, but if I was him I wouldn't sell the rights of my book to someone I didn't think could make a good movie out of it.
                  CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                  Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

                  Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    I do like the idea of HBO better than NBC but that also screws over anyone who doesn't have HBO unless they offer a free way to watch the episodes.
                    Wait till day after episode is on. Download. Enjoy.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You can get them same night most times, an hour or two later.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Nothing much, but some news is better than no news i guess...

                        http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...DailyHeadlines

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Not everyone would agree I think.



                          Paternity's a bitch...
                          Last edited by srboone; 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

                          ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Some more:

                            http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/step...javier-bardem/

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I read some of the comments after this article and I think people are retarded to be against Javier. I know a lot of ppl can't get clint Eastwood out of their heads which is understandable considering all likenesses in the past have basically been the man with no name but we all know he is much too old now and no one is suggesting it but I think ppl are still hoping for someone similar and it just won't happen. The ones that piss me off are the people suggesting that a younger audience won't like him or they don't want him cuz he is unknown. I think they need unknown (or less known but still famous) ppl like Javier who have not been type cast in peoples minds yet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X