No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched The Call last night with Halle Berry. I found it quite the thrill ride. Not many a dull moment in this one.

Comment

This is the End: Juvenile, frat-boyish comedy about the apocalypse coming to LA. Not nearly as funny as the cast thinks it is, but it does display a weird, wild charm that makes up for it's shortcomings. It never takes itself too seriously, every body is having a great time, and it does have some outstanding special effects. Your enjoyment will depend upon the mood your in.

3/5
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Heat: 4/5 (My reviews aren't as good as Squires).

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          This is the End: Juvenile, frat-boyish comedy about the apocalypse coming to LA. Not nearly as funny as the cast thinks it is, but it does display a weird, wild charm that makes up for it's shortcomings. It never takes itself too seriously, every body is having a great time, and it does have some outstanding special effects. Your enjoyment will depend upon the mood your in.

3/5
          Disagree. This movie was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

3/5
            I actually kind of want to see this pretty badly. I know there are a ton of funny actors in it. At first glimpse of the trailers, it looks a Hot Tub Time Machine sort of movie, which I found hilarious (also loved the '80s music in it).

Comment

This is the End starts out really funny. But it runs out of steam and becomes monotonous until the end which isn't nearly as funny as the beginning. I would like to say that we don't have enough stoner movies because they always display more comic energy than most of the anemic excuses for comedy Hollywood puts out.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Personally I'm not really a fan of Seth Rogan.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm waiting for Squire's review of Pacific Rim (hint, hint)

Comment

I was looking for that too!
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Pacific Rim: Big and dumb, this more-than-decent monster movie stands above it's Transformers brothers because the film never forgets the humans that run the machines. Predictability and recycled character and dialog are offset with sharp direction, stunning CGI, some astonishing drifting sequences and beautiful alien vistas. This one is simply fun and it never gets embarrassing because Del Toro never tries to make this movie something it's not. Mindless fun elevated to art in the hands of a top-notch director, it's the World Shogun Warrior Wrestling Federation! Too bad there were no elbow DROPS in the film!

4/5

Sadly, the 3D doesn't really add anything to the movie.
                      Last edited by srboone; 07-12-2013, 08:15 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I saw Pacific Rim on Saturday and have to say it was a fantastic movie. I completely enjoyed the movie and would see a sequel in a heartbeat. That said, I think my favorite part was coming up with better ways to fight the giant monster problem than giant robots after the movie was over.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

^ I also watched it recently, and quite enjoyed it. Excellent visuals, good characters, some funny scenes, and a good story. Pretty much all I could hope for from a move like this.

Comment

After Earth
                            Meh, very dry, seemed long, lots of facial close-ups of Will and Jaden. A rental or Netflix.

Comment

Just watched Sinister the other night. I really like the story, and Ethan Hawke plays his role well, but I found the execution lacking. There's no suspense, and they basically tell you exactly what is going on halfway through the movie then pretend that you don't know for next half. I loved the found footage tapes, very eerie. Bughuul was pretty cool too, I'd like to see more of him. He kind of looked like a member from a black metal band.

Comment

Did anyone watch The Conjuring this weekend? It might be a struggle to get someone to go to it with me so it might be a while before I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X