No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched Warm Bodies. Someone hold me. I'm shaken.

Comment

Has anyone seen the new Star Trek? I thought it was good, but have seen a lot of griping about it around. I'd love to know what everyone else thought.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Has anyone seen the new Star Trek? I thought it was good, but have seen a lot of griping about it around. I'd love to know what everyone else thought.
        I thought it was really good, I thought the first one was just OK so I didn't have huge expectations going in but I was very surprised at how much I liked it, much better than the first in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          I thought it was really good, I thought the first one was just OK so I didn't have huge expectations going in but I was very surprised at how much I liked it, much better than the first in my opinion
          Maybe all the griping is just Trekies hating change

Spoiler!

Instagram

Comment

Yeah, it would have been very boring if it followed the show's original story, change is good sometimes especially with a story that has been around for so long and these remakes have reinvigorated the franchise for certain, I would love to see what they could do with a Next Generation movie

Comment

I'm at the end of a 10-day work stretch (and sick for 2-3 days during that time); I'll probably see it Thursday or Friday...
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I checked out the new Star Trek movie, and I like a few others, was not blown away. It wasn't inherently bad, it was entertaining enough, but there was just no story. The whole story was a semi-rip-off/tribute to old Star Trek, but with an incredibly predictable plot. The action just felt unneccessary a lot of the time, needlessly close calls, huge explosions, long drawn out fights, it just felt like they were there to fill up time and appease the Michael Bay crowd. It's unfortunate because I liked the first one quite a bit, it was a cool and original story, with good action. This feels like a series of tributes to Star Trek fans wrapped in pretty CG for the sci-fi lite crowd. I did do a lot of griping, but it isn't all bad. It as at least on par with any sci-fi movie released since the first Star Trek reboot. And I really like the actors for their characters. Sometimes Spock comes across a little forced, but all in all they are a good crew, and I am looking forward to more movies, or a series. I was just hoping for more. Quite possibly the worst Star Trek movie (which isn't saying much cause I like the series). 6.5
                Last edited by Theli; 05-21-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  I checked out the new Star Trek movie, and I like a few others, was not blown away. It wasn't inherently bad, it was entertaining enough, but there was just no story. The whole story was a semi-rip-off/tribute to old Star Trek, but with an incredibly predictable plot. The action just felt unneccessary a lot of the time, needlessly close calls, hufe explosions long drawn out fights, it just felt like they were there to fill up time and appease the Michael bay crowd. It's unfortunate because I liked the first one quite a bit, it was a cool and original story, with good action. This feels like a series of tributes to Star Trek fans wrapped in pretty CG for the sci-fi lite crowd. I did do a lot of griping, but it isn't all bad. It as at least on par with any sci-fi movie released since first Star Trek reboot. And I really like the actors for their characters. Sometimes Spock comes across a little forced, but all in all they are a good crew, and I am looking forward to more movies, or a series. I was just hoping for more. Quite possibly the worst Star Trek movie. 6.5
                  See now that's better perspective than I was getting from a lot of other places. Most everywhere else I've seen, seems to be hung up on how it messes with the original series / movies story. Which I think it's allowed to do as it's supposed to be a different timeline.

I think the big difference as a viewer, is that for me, I wasn't really a fan of the original series, so most of the fan service was lost on me, which meant it added more to the movie without making it seem like it was there just to pay tribute to the original. I actually would have rated it higher than the first one, as the first one felt slow at times, where I felt like this new one was paced a lot faster. I love a good science fiction action movie and this provided everything I was looking for from it.

Instagram

Comment

I couldn't care less about messing with the past, that's part of what I loved about the first movie. I actually liked the pace of the first one more, but I like slow movies.

Comment

Has anyone here seen The Devil's Backbone? I hear it is one of the better horror/scary movies - I believe it is Spanish. A ghost story of some kind I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        Has anyone here seen The Devil's Backbone? I hear it is one of the better horror/scary movies - I believe it is Spanish. A ghost story of some kind I believe.
                        I love that movie! if you like del Toro's other movies you should like that one too, I think I've lost the ability to feel genuinely scared by a movie at this point because I've seen too many of them, and real life is always scarier, but that one does have a nice scary feel to it

Comment

Fast & Furious 6: These movies keep getting bigger and dumber--that's why I keep going to them. Not quite the high that was reached with Fast Five, but this movie has humor, heart, and terrific "we-don't-need-no-stinking-laws-of-physics" action sequences. Of course, Vin Diesel still can't put two intelligible words together to save his life; but, he doesn't have to, I guess. A lot of fun if you leave your brain at home.

3.5/5
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Love that movie, though I dunno if I would classify it as horror though. I even brought that down to Colorado with me a few years ago, as well another Del Toro movie, The Orphanage (another great one). Not sure if I brought Pan's Labyrinth with though or not. My friend who I was driving out to see didn't find them scary really, and she could kinda scare easily. I would consider it kind of suspenseful though. And yes, it is in Spanish with English subtitles, but that didn't bother me. I do not speak Spanish, but I don't find myself actively reading the subtitles with his movies anymore. Probably because of how many times I watched Pan's Labyrinth.
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Evil Dead (2013) 8/10. Absolutely one of the best horror/gore films I've ever seen in my life. It literally trumps all. One of the very few movies that manages to hook you in with its characters so much that you almost don't want to see them torn to shreds. Almost. Really have to give it to Fede Alvarez, that was almost perfect. I'm usually the skeptical guy that never buys into hype...but that movie is an instant classic.

Comment

^Yeah I loved it too. A great remake with some nice tributes to the original. One of the better remakes I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X