No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to work on movie night I am so unbelievably pissed. I'm sure we will go on wednesday instead for double the price...the only upside is that its not my money. Still very Angry though. Its our thing. Pretty well our ONLY thing. Anyway I guess its spiderman on wednesday.

Comment

No more movie nights for me...

Comment

That's too bad, Teri.

Just came back from the movies where I was in a sold out theater, with an audience ranging from 8 to 80 years of age, for the 60th Anniversary showing of Singin' in the Rain. It's great when everybody is there to see the movie (whether it be for the first time of the 101st () time) and not just to be out with friends. No catcalls across the theater, people who have never met are best friends for 2 hrs, and a good time is had by all. No need to rate the movie, but the movie-going expereince was topnotch.

5/5 for that.

More anniversary showings are on tap for 2012, including The Birds in September, Frankenstien/Bride of Frankenstien Double Feature in October, and To Kill a Mockingbird in November.

Beats most of the crap Hollywood puts out today.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Frankenstein, Squire, Frankenstein!

sk

Comment

Tickets go on sale for F/BoF on 27July. I'm there!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              No more movie nights for me...
              That sucks, what happened?

Comment

Sorry Pete, Just seeing this now. You figured it out anyway. Thanks for the PM.

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises!!!!!!!!! 15 out of 5......
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises: It's been 8 years since the events of since the events of The Dark Knight. Gotham's gotten tough on crime and Bruce Wayne has hung up his cape and cowl and become a recluse. But when a mysterious terroist sets his sights on destroying Gotham, Wayne must resurrect his life as Batman to save it. The final chapter of master flimmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman saga doesn't provide the giddy, silly, childish fun of recent Marvel adaptations, and it doesn't quite rise to the bar set by its predecessor, but it is an excting and complex film that provides a satisying conclusion to what has become more than a mere comic book adaptation. At a hefty 2 hours and 45 minutes, it justifes is length with spectacular set pieces, 100 minutes of action, and an hour of story development. Bane's voice gets lost in his mask at times and the story occassionlly gets convoluted, but overall it's an outstanding film.

4.5/5

Watching the trilogy in IMAX was quite the experience. The IMAX TDKR had a teaser trailer for Man of Steel that did not make me want to see the film.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      The Dark Knight Rises: It's been 8 years since the events of since the events of The Dark Knight. Gotham's gotten tough on crime and Bruce Wayne has hung up his cape and cowl and become a recluse. But when a mysterious terroist sets his sights on destroying Gotham, Wayne must resurrect his life as Batman to save it. The final chapter of master flimmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman saga doesn't provide the giddy, silly, childish fun of recent Marvel adaptations, and it doesn't quite rise to the bar set by its predecessor, but it is an excting and complex film that provides a satisying conclusion to what has become more than a mere comic book adaptation. At a hefty 2 hours and 45 minutes, it justifes is length with spectacular set pieces, 100 minutes of action, and an hour of story development. Bane's voice gets lost in his mask at times and the story occassionlly gets convoluted, but overall it's an outstanding film.

4.5/5

Watching the trilogy in IMAX was quite the experience. The IMAX TDKR had a teaser trailer for Man of Steel that did not make me want to see the film.
                      Interesting, I thought it was at least just as good as The Dark Knight, maybe better. The Dark Knight left me wanting the whole Two Face thing as it's own movie as it really felt tacked on to me. Still an exceptional movie though. This one on the other left me wanting nothing different from the movie, except maybe more movies. Also my movie showing had a trailer for Man of Steel, I don't know it didn't look bad per say, not all that exciting though. But Nolan is making it, so it's probably going to be very good.

Spoiler!

Instagram

Comment

Seeing Batman tomorrow - looking forward to it. It's been a great summer for superhero movies - and the Avengers, Spiderman, and Batman movies show the broad range of possibilities in which this genre can be handled.

Comment

I think what sets TDK oabove TDKR is 1) Heath Ledger's legendary performance (though Tom Hardy's was very good as well) and 2) the pacing of the films: TDK was a grabber from the get-go, TDKR started more slowly and built up to it's great climax. But the whole trilogy has the feel of a greek tragedy to it: a man of means brought low by tide of fate, regardless of how he struggles. I loved the whole thing!

Spoiler!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            I think what sets TDK oabove TDKR is 1) Heath Ledger's legendary performance (though Tom Hardy's was very good as well) and 2) the pacing of the films: TDK was a grabber from the get-go, TDKR started more slowly and built up to it's great climax. But the whole trilogy has the feel of a greek tragedy to it: a man of means brought low by tide of fate, regardless of how he struggles. I loved the whole thing!

Spoiler!
                            Totally agree on the whole series.

Spoiler!

Instagram

Comment

My Nerd Badge from last night!

07-20-2012 11;18;07AM (464x640).jpg07-20-2012 11;18;57AM (464x640).jpg

Haven't looked at the posters that shoved into my hands yet. They're still in my car.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Tres cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X