• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read it again.

Pro--visuals, finale, Hemswoth, the dwarves

Con--Stewart, poorly written characters
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Prometheus: 18 hours to go!

sk

Comment

hope you're not counting down all 64800 seconds!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hey, that's a great idea, Squire!!

Speaking of which, the movie is getting quite mixed reviews (of course I haven't read any..) especially blaming the script for disappointing results.
          Oh well, only 50000 seconds to go and I can judge for myself.

sk

Comment

Yeah, to bad on the mixed reviews. Ridley has declined over the years. Was hoping this movie would give him the necessary kick to get back on his game. Sounds like it did not but, as always, I'll reserve final judgement till I see it.

Comment

I love Prometheus. Mixed or negative reviews? Shades of Bladerunner - and that's a classic! I had a great time going back to Scotts Alien saga and was in awe of the visuals. It's a gorgeous looking movie. Also the script did not disappoint. I'm really glad Scott decided not to do an Alien-remake. I love Alien and it's one scary movie,but Prometheus is something else. It's scary at times, but at the same time a much more philosophical movie (is that taking a risque nowadays??), exploring the relationship between man and alien(s), creation and religion - and more.
              It's hard to discuss this movie without entering spoiler territory. So let me just say: don't expect a hard-core Alien movie. That was Aliens. Prometheus is something else altogether.

****/*****

sk

Comment

Glad you liked it, Siep. I'm looking forward to it on Thursday night. But Guillermo Del Toro said that Prometheus killed any chance of At the Mountains of Madness being made anytime soon.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just saw Snow White and the Huntsman. I agree with Squire for the most part, although I liked Charlize Theron in the movie.

4/5

Comment

MIB3 - 8/10. I enjoyed this movie, not as funny as MIB, Better than MIB2. Did anyone else miss frank? I laughed when I saw his photo in Jay's apartment and again on the sign for coney island....But no actually Frank. He was my favorite part of MIB. What was really great was JAMES BROLIN! Holy Shit that guy did an AMAZING job at playing a young Tommy lee Jones. Absolutly FANTASTIC! And squires right about it sounding like they dubbed his voice over. nuts I tell ya. Love the ending. No spoilers here but you'll know when you see it.

Comment

It's JOSH Brolin, not James. JOSH is the Goonie, James is the goon married to Barbra Streisand.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I knew it was Josh. I'm not retarded. Total typo. lol. I will admit that I had no idea who James Brolin is until now though.

Comment

Man on a Ledge 7/10. It was alright. Not nearly as stupid as I thought it'd be. None of the trailers I saw actually showed what the movie was about just the man on a ledge stuff so I though....wtf is this? I watched it anyway and was slightly pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Prometheus: A mega-corp titan finances a trillion dollar expedition to a distant galaxy on the evidence of two archaeologists that humankind was "engineered" and planted on Earth; but what they find is completely unexpected. Ridley Scott returns to grand form with a fascinating sci-fi adventure containing amazing visuals and mind-blowing philosophies. An Alien prequel that is not the dark haunted house of the 1979 classic, but rather a scientific quest for answers that provides it's own brand of horrors while leaving more questions unanswered than answered. This is my kind of sci-fi movie. Handsome, intelligent, intense, and scary, Prometheus is not your typical summer movie fare--the best sci-fi is fiction about ideas, and this has it in spades. So, be warned: those not familiar with the Alien mythology (or are looking for an Alien redux) might have a difficult time with it.

I don't give a 5-star rating to many movies and while I really want to give one to Prometheus, the explanation of the evidence the archeologists found is vague and unconvincing. I await a director's cut of this movie that is 30 minutes longer containing more of this "evidence." So, I'll settle for

4.5/5
                            Last edited by srboone; 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well said, Squire!
                              Glad you liked it! I'll be seeing it again tomorrow.

sk

Comment

Again! Outstanding, Siep. I'm gonna give it a few days to think about what I saw, rewatch Alien, and look for some more connections between the two movies (other than obvious one). Then I'll see it again.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X