X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Acolytes (2008) Aussie indie movie

8/10

Excellent movie. Highly recommended for the horror fan although no much of a horror. Me and my momma enjoyed it greatly.

Three teenagers blackmailing a serial killer into killing their bully. Great fun. lol. Someone has to watch it and let me know if they agree.
    Definitely agree. If you are interested in Aussie horror / dark noir maybe also have a look at The Horseman which is a revenge flick or Storage which is more of a straight out horror movie. Both Storage and Acolytes were filmed in or around my home town of Brisbane and it is interesting to see it in a twisted, dark way.

Comment

sometimes the accents are too strong for me. Be it british, aussie, russian, german or even irish (Even though technically the Cape Breton accent is largely irish/scottish in decent) I can't tell what they are saying at all. So depends on the movie for me. I may check out the ones Paul has mentioned though...if I can understand it. lol

Comment

I'm gonna try and get out to see The Avengers at midnight tonight.... hopefully.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got my ticket on line, Good thing, cause 3 of the four theaters were sold out already; but the theater ususally opens up extra ones on the fly since it's all digitally programed these days.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            sometimes the accents are too strong for me. Be it british, aussie, russian, german or even irish (Even though technically the Cape Breton accent is largely irish/scottish in decent) I can't tell what they are saying at all. So depends on the movie for me. I may check out the ones Paul has mentioned though...if I can understand it. lol

You could always get a copy with subtitles (the Aussie ones, that is)

Comment

Just got back from Avengers. It was pretty fantastic, with some really great comic relief moments.

Spoiler!

Not entirely sure who the character was they showed in the sneak peak at the end after the credits though. I'm not versed enough in my Marvel lore for that. Will have to look it up when I don't have to be up for work in 6 hours.

Instagram

Comment

The Avengers: I arrived at the theater 2 1/2 hours early for this movie and it's a good thing I did because the theaters that were showing the movie were already seating! The only ticket I could get was one for a 3D showing, which would not have been my first choice. Anyway, here's a snap of my movie house haunt.

DSCF2063 (800x600).jpg

I was disappointed that of the thousands of people there, not many were what I would classify as "freaks and zombies". Most of the people were already in the various theaters and since I was in one at the far end, I couldn't stay long in the main lobby. I snapped a few groups of kids there, but none were really interesting. There's usually a group of overweight middle-agers in home-made costumes prancing around, but not this time (no "fat guy in a leotard" alert here).

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

Anyway, movie followed the familiar formula of these pictures: a threat emerges; calls go out around the world to bring our heroes together; when the get together, the fight each other as they learn to put their egos aside and work as a team; followd by an hour-long special effect-laden battle. But it's exciting and directed with style and energy by Joss Whedon. The action set pieces are spectacular and every character gets a chance to shine. Stan Lee shows up and the Hulk has all the best moments.

I also am not well versed in comic book lore (even when I was, I was a DC guy), so I didn't recognize the villian that showed up half way through the closing credits (though the kid next to me assured me that is was the arch nemesis of the Avengers). And the tag at the end of the credits is one of the best I've ever seen (though most of the audience booed it.)

Not the best of the 6 recent marvel outings, but a very good start to what wil undoubtedly be a series.

4/5.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm a bit dissapointed in myself as I didn't see the tag at the end of the credits as I saw the one in the middle and figured that was their credit tag. I read what the tag was though and thought it was a pretty good scene.

Spoiler!

There is more good news in the Marvel movie universe though. They are working on making.

Iron Man 3
                  Thor 2
                  Captain America 2
                  Nick Fury
                  Doctor Strange
                  Deadpool
                  The Wolverine

On a similar note. The Amazing Spiderman is looking pretty good, though I didn't think I was going to like it when it was initially announced.

Instagram

Comment

My feelings were so-so about the new Spider Man at first, but it looks like it is coming along fairly well.

Comment

I wasn't wowed by the trailer for the Amazing Spiderman shown befor the movie last night.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        I wasn't wowed by the trailer for the Amazing Spiderman shown befor the movie last night.
                        Yea I wasn't wowed by it, but it did look much better than the last bout of Spider Man movies.

Instagram

Comment

The 3D actually made it worse for me. I'll probaly go for this one in 2D. Raimi's first Spiderman movie suffered from special effects that made spiderman look like Stretch Armstrong most of the time. The second movie had the best effects and story; the third was just a mess.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I agree completely. Though Peter Parker in those movies was a little too "emo" for my tastes. I also like how in this new one the "web slinging" isn't actually one of his powers, it's one of his inventions, like it was in the comics.

Instagram

Comment

One of things I DID like about the trailer was the sarcasm and derision Spiderman displayed when confronted by the thug carrying the knife. That scene alone would get my butt in a theater seat on openning day!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I hate 3d

Comment

Working...
                                X