X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Finally got around to watching "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Overall, I liked it but did not love it. Really neat settings, fantastic actors, and the usual great soundtrack; however, the film seemed disjointed to me. Felt like a bunch of really cool scenes instead of one cohesive movie. Maybe that was due to the length of the movie or it having no real plot. Overall, while I would watch this movie again, I would not put it in my top three Tarantino movies. Also watched the director's cut of Dr. Sleep. Really enjoyed the movie, but, boy is that directors cut long (well over three hours I believe). Not a huge Ewen Mcgregor fan, but, I thought he was very good in this role. Also, I was blown away by Rebecca Ferguson. She brought a likability to this role that was very unexpected and very scary. I don't remember feeling this way toward the character in the book; so, kudos to her. Have never seen this actor in anything previously, but, I'll be keeping an eye out for her films going forward.
    I loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and wish it had really went down that way at the end. Have yet to watch Dr. Sleep but really enjoyed the book.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Finally got around to watching "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Overall, I liked it but did not love it. Really neat settings, fantastic actors, and the usual great soundtrack; however, the film seemed disjointed to me. Felt like a bunch of really cool scenes instead of one cohesive movie. Maybe that was due to the length of the movie or it having no real plot. Overall, while I would watch this movie again, I would not put it in my top three Tarantino movies. Also watched the director's cut of Dr. Sleep. Really enjoyed the movie, but, boy is that directors cut long (well over three hours I believe). Not a huge Ewen Mcgregor fan, but, I thought he was very good in this role. Also, I was blown away by Rebecca Ferguson. She brought a likability to this role that was very unexpected and very scary. I don't remember feeling this way toward the character in the book; so, kudos to her. Have never seen this actor in anything previously, but, I'll be keeping an eye out for her films going forward.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The Girl With All The Gifts

3 out of 5 stars. I enjoy this genre of movie and thought there were so many good things about it however the biggest part of the movie was ruined by a lack of set-up/context/insight.

Spoiler!
    Have been interested in this movie for awhile, but something always holds me back from getting around to it. The Blu-ray cover/back synopsis make it seem as though it may be low-budget which might be why. Also don't recognize any of the actors at first glance which can be worrisome. I definitely enjoyed the book; so, I'm sure I'll perhaps circle back to this movie at some point. In terms of your spoiler, it's been awhile since I read the book, but, the ending you describe seems to be in the ball-park. Perhaps they rushed the ending or cut important scenes that could've better conveyed

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The Girl With All The Gifts

3 out of 5 stars. I enjoy this genre of movie and thought there were so many good things about it however the biggest part of the movie was ruined by a lack of set-up/context/insight.

Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Am about halfway through season 2 and it has held up well, in my opinion. A lot of the effects are practical and still look great. Even some of the early CGI doesn't looks too bad. They actually did a pretty good job with the Blu-ray transfer. I also really like that they were willing to pay the licensing fees to keep the original music that aired in each episode. The story arcs have been great and touch on a lot of different themes. You can tell the writers had a lot of fun. Overall, this is feel-good viewing and much needed in times like these.
    Great to hear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X