No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas, Terry. One of the things I look forward to every christmas is TBS' "24 hours of A Christmas Story. How awesome is that??? It's been goin on for 20 years now, and while I'm sure it makes programming easy, it's nice to have something cool to watch and to turn to during commercials of games.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Never grow tired of that movie, even with it being dated. Saw the leg lamp in BB&B the other day and begged the wife for one. I hope Hollywood never gets it in their head to try and remake as they have so many things, such as the following...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/thethreestooges/

Sigh!
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I like that too. But there are people who hate it for some reason.
        But the last movie I saw was A Christmas Carol, the one from 1938 and one of the best. The one I might like a lil better is the one with George C. Scott.
        But both are 10/10 films for me.

Comment

The Adventures of Tin Tin: I splurged on this one and saw it in 3D IMAX. The opening credits are a terrific example of traditional animation and are probably closer to what the Tin Tin comics were like than the movie is. They showcase Speilberg the Playful Artist as opposed to the Epic Filmaker--the last time I saw credits this good were on Catch Me if You Can, another Speilberg film. The movie itself is a brainless chase movie with a few great scenes in it. The best is a biplane flight through a lightning storm, ending with a crash landing in the Sarah Desert. Voice acting is very good, though the characters are rather one dimensional. The 3D is not used as a gimmick, but to enhance the 2D aspect of the film--and animation is where 3D belongs. Then there's the motion-capture animation pioneered by Robert Zemeckis in The Polar Express. The technology is not perfect, but these characters are not the soulless ghouls of TPE; however, there's still a basic deadness to the eyes, despite the long way the process has come. Exciting, but not exhilerating, The Adventures of Tin Tin is entertaining fodder in the Pirates of the Carribean mode.

3.5/5

War Horse: All of Speilberg's artistry is on full display in this movie. Beautiful camerawork on maginificent vistas and staggering action sequences; sentimentality for sentimentality's sake; epic sorytelling; richly defined characters and relationships; but it's all rather episodic and disjointed. Moving from one set piece to another, the film seems a drama one moment, a tragedy the next, then a satire, then a poltical statement. Still, it's supremely crafted and acted. And the ending is pure old-fashioned moviemaking magic. Engrossing Epic Speilberg Hokum.

4/5
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Watched 'The Adjustment Bureau' last night. Very enjoyable movie, now I must track down the short it is based on and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Grace: 3/5. A couple years old and unreleased in theaters. An Indie that made its rounds of horror film fests. Concerns an expectant mother who decides to carry her stillborn child to term, only to give birth to a vampiric baby. Grotesque, horrific, and with a magnificent central performance by Jordan Ladd as the mother. Drags a bit here and there, but never boring. Definitely not for the squeamish... (especially during the breastfeeding scenes.)
              I think I saw this one on cable...part of it anyway...was channel surfing and caught it...what I saw wasn't bad...

Comment

J. Edgar...I love Leonardo DiCaprio, so I had to see it...a bit slow in places but really interesting 4/5. Didn't know alot about Hoover..just the little bit I learned in high school...didn't know he created the FBI...an older couple was sitting in the same row as me in the theater and they were giving me a history lesson about him...learned more from them than I learned in school..lol..

Comment

I watched Attack The Block the other day, would give it a 4/5 simply because I enjoyed it from beginning to end. It is just a fun movie. Aliens land, wreak havoc, and it is up to the main characters to save the day. May sound cliche but done very well.

Comment

This is not a movie or movies but I wanted to say something. I've been watching college football games literally since 11am and it's now 7pm.

I rate them all 10/10 and it's gonna get awful boring when the season is over. Only two things I get to look forward to is Boxing and Hockey Play-offs, which are truly exciting.

Comment

But there are too many Bowls now (compared to the 70s when there were 7 or 8--you had to be soemthing special to go to a Bowl. And the BCS is the sports world's version of inbreeding. The same schools skinny-dipping too much in the gene pool has bastardized college football.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And the BCS is the sports world's version of inbreeding
                        LMAO isn't that the truth, when I see teams with 6-7 record in bowl games, I can't help but laugh. But remember the enormous amount of money involved. That's the reason for I think they have 35 bowl games nowadays and I've must have sen 18 by now. But I love 'em. And I believe Alabama will destroy LSU in the NC as they totally dominated them earlier in the season and still found a way to lose in OT. Four missed f.goals didn't help. If they had hit one, they would have won that game. I don't like LSU and how that asshole Miles is treating Jarrod Lee since without him, they would have lost several games and no NC. If they think Jordan Jefferson can beat Alabama, Miles is dumber than I even thought.

My two only hopes is that next year there's 50 bowl games and the NFL makes it an 18 game season. And damn Auburn leading Virginia 35-17 now????

Rambled again, but you guys are used to it, besides it gives you guys something to digest.
                        But it's true with those Big BCS bowl games: Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton and Fiesta bowl. They should have a couple more lol.

Comment

LSU v. Alabama game's already been played--LSU won in a very boring game. At least require that each team in the title game be a conference champion. I'd watch LSu v. Oklahoma state.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, but go back to what I said....Alabama missed 4 field goals and all they had to hit was one and they would of won easily!! They also had an easy TD but the running back underthrew it by about 2 feet, again, that alone would of won it. I don't see Alabama losing this time. They dominated LSU.

But I would have really liked, just like you, to see Ok. State play LSU or even Alabama but I think against Alabama the defense would be too tough.

Comment

Started watching It yesterday but I stopped, not because I didn't like it, but I remembered thinking that I really liked the kid who played Stuttering Bill, so I Wikied him and found out he committed suicide in 2003. Bummer. I suddenly wasn't in the mood to watch it. But I'm enjoying the sh** out of the book again!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Started watching It yesterday but I stopped, not because I didn't like it, but I remembered thinking that I really liked the kid who played Stuttering Bill, so I Wikied him and found out he committed suicide in 2003. Bummer. I suddenly wasn't in the mood to watch it. But I'm enjoying the sh** out of the book again!
                                LOL no arguements!! Does that word supposed to have an "e" in it?
                                Anyway, I want to start reading IT too, maybe now that I'm old, I'll have more of an appreciation for it. I want that gift edition though!

Since I've bought so many books and artwork from CD ever since you guys first began, is there any possibility to get a free copy? Please? Probably not but I just wanted to take a chance asking. All Dan or Brian can do is say no. It'll hurt but I hurt a lot anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X