Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After watching these I was itching to tell someone about them, and realized that I don't know anyone who would appreciate these films. I'm glad I found someone here!

Dragged Across Concrete isn't on Prime so I haven't watched that yet.

OH! And based on Bone Tomahawk, I ordered S. Craig Zahler's book A Congregation of Jackals. Have you read that at all?
    They are definitely movies for people who enjoy a particular flavor of film, that's for sure. They are a little difficult to recommend as they aren't pure genre, but more genre-adjacent, especially Brawl and Concrete. I was very surprised by how much my wife liked all three of Zahler's films. She has a lot more mainstream tastes in entertainment than I do, but I'm always surprised about what she likes and why. I was pretty sure after that one particular scene in Bone Tomahawk, she would have tapped out, but she soldiered on. And she LOVED Brawl in Cell Block 99.

I had stumbled across Zahler's fiction when I first heard about Bone Tomahawk, but never picked anything up and promptly forgot all about it until your post. I've added A Congregation of Jackals to my "To Buy" list. I'm very curious as to your thoughts when you do get around to reading it.

Comment

I read the description of Bone Tomahawk and it sounds great. I will say, knowing my wife, she will not watch this. I will need to find a time to watch this alone.

Thanks for the heads-up on what could be a very good movie.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I have an irrational love of Mel Gibson...Yes, he's probably nuts, yes, he's probably an anti-semite...but DAMN, the man has starred in and directed some of my favorite films. I have been dying to watch DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE, but the running time makes it difficult. I'll probably fall asleep before the end. I have to find a perfect night, where I'm not exhausted, the kids are in bed, and it isn't too late when I start. Some day....some day.

Ben, my wife HATES genre films. She watched BONE TOMAHAWK and BRAWL with me, and squealed and screamed through both films, but admitted that they were well made, and that she (grudgingly...) enjoyed them. Or, as she said "I don't know if ENJOYED is really the word that I would use."
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
          I have an irrational love of Mel Gibson...Yes, he's probably nuts, yes, he's probably an anti-semite...but DAMN, the man has starred in and directed some of my favorite films. I have been dying to watch DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE, but the running time makes it difficult. I'll probably fall asleep before the end. I have to find a perfect night, where I'm not exhausted, the kids are in bed, and it isn't too late when I start. Some day....some day.

Ben, my wife HATES genre films. She watched BONE TOMAHAWK and BRAWL with me, and squealed and screamed through both films, but admitted that they were well made, and that she (grudgingly...) enjoyed them. Or, as she said "I don't know if ENJOYED is really the word that I would use."
          I have the same thing with Tom Cruise. Probably crazy as a shit-house rat and not a very good person, but I like what the dude does.

Comment

I hate Tom Cruise, and I hate myself for paying to see so many of his movies. The guy has a knack for starring in films that I really want to see.

I finally watched DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE last night, and WOW, was that a long-ass film. They could have cut a solid hour out of that film, and not lost anything worthwhile.Only my love of Mel Gibson kept me hanging in there until the end. Also, in this week's installment of "Things that bother no one but me!", every single S. Craig Zahler film features horrible songs that turn out to be written by him. DRAGGED had no fewer than 10...maybe there were more, but every single song in that film was written or co-written by him, and they are all ridiculous. If you want a sample of his songwriting prowess, I direct you to this video, from BONE TOMAHAWK, "Four doomed men rode out", which is mesmerizing in it's awfulness:
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's not a movie. I'm currently watching Someday's Dreamers II Sora, a 12 episode anime series. I've posted the first Someday's Dreamers to my DVD Tower at SwapADVD and Someday's Dreamers II Sora will be posted there in a few days. I have four episodes remaining to watch. This is the fourth and will be the last anime series I watch. Due to my work schedule I was unable to finish Someday's Dreamers II Sora. Before the farthest I got was through episode 3.

Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

"Focus" boring Will Smith.

Watched this turd on TNT. 1 out of 5. Margot Robbie was pretty. That is about it.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  "Focus" boring Will Smith.

Watched this turd on TNT. 1 out of 5. Margot Robbie was pretty. That is about it.
                  Will Smith hasn't starred in a good movie since I Am Legend, which is mediocre at best.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Will Smith hasn't starred in a good movie since I Am Legend, which is mediocre at best.
                    Gemini Man was really good. Bad Boys 3 was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Gemini Man was really good. Bad Boys 3 was horrible.
                      Really? I find that hard to believe. The CGI in the trailers looked like hot garbage.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Really? I find that hard to believe. The CGI in the trailers looked like hot garbage.
                        The CGI wasn't the best but I thought the story was well told. Worth a shot if you haven't seen it.

Comment

I finished watching Someday's Dreamers II Sora. In episode 10 it's revealed Sora has the same disease that claimed her father's life. It only affects mages and she has one year to live. In the last episode Sora's boy friend comes to the province where Sora live(d?) and goes to the same tree Sora went to when she would talk to her father. Five years have passed and Sora is not seen so I'm guessing Sora did pass although that is not clearly stated. You're left to draw your own conclusions.

Cap

Comment

I know that this isn't a movie, but, I'm wondering if any of you have seen the DC television show "Titans". If so, I would love to know what you think. Just finished the first season and have begun season two. Has been pretty hit or miss in my opinion. Never saw the cartoon or read the comics. Interesting/darker take on some of these characters.

Comment

I watched last season of Ozark and I loved it

Comment

It's not a movie, it's The Hardy Boys Season 3 (10 episodes) from 1978. Season 3 featured only the Hardy Boys since Pamela Sue Martin had left the show. The episodes hold up remarkably well. The first episode was a 2 parter, Last Kiss of Summer. Near the end of part 2 the audio goes in and out. I rewatched part 2 online and the audio was fine thankfully.

Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X