Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Ha. Best of luck on the quest. I had no idea they were still around. Be interested if I would still get a chuckle from this or not.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

There's a new BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD move on Paramount +! I grabbed the channel on a 99 cent a month Prime Day sale just so I could watch it. Now I just need some time alone, so my wife isn't sitting there saying "How could you watch garbage like this...?", lol.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I tried watching that show once or twice and never made it through an entire episode. However I'm not that big into cartoons. I never really cared much for South Park and I'm fairly certain the last cartoon I watched with any regularity was Beavis and Butthead back when I was in high-school.

There's a new BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD move on Paramount +! I grabbed the channel on a 99 cent a month Prime Day sale just so I could watch it. Now I just need some time alone, so my wife isn't sitting there saying "How could you watch garbage like this...?", lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I tried watching that show once or twice and never made it through an entire episode. However I'm not that big into cartoons. I never really cared much for South Park and I'm fairly certain the last cartoon I watched with any regularity was Beavis and Butthead back when I was in high-school.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    We watched the BOB'S BURGERS movie last night. Decent film with a few laughs. My sons loved it, my wife and I just tolerated it. I've never really been into the TV show, so I wasn't surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cool. I don't think I've heard anything bad about this one.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    Went to see The Black Phone Friday night.

Really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite movie that I’ve seen in the theater this year.

I thought they did a really good job in expanding the short story, with the added characters and everything coming together at the end.

I thought both of the teenage leads (the brother and sister) were very good, and Ethan Hawke was genuinely creepy as the Grabber.

At a run time of 1:40 minutes, the story moved along briskly and never dragged.

B

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    We watched the BOB'S BURGERS movie last night. Decent film with a few laughs. My sons loved it, my wife and I just tolerated it. I've never really been into the TV show, so I wasn't surprised.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Went to see The Black Phone Friday night.

Really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite movie that I’ve seen in the theater this year.

I thought they did a really good job in expanding the short story, with the added characters and everything coming together at the end.

I thought both of the teenage leads (the brother and sister) were very good, and Ethan Hawke was genuinely creepy as the Grabber.

At a run time of 1:40 minutes, the story moved along briskly and never dragged.

B

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    We watched LAST NIGHT IN SOHO (Last night, of course...), and while it was a tad slow in the first half, the characters were engaging, and the mystery had us hooked. Some beautiful photography and camerawork, great performances (Amazing to see Diana Rigg and Terrence Stamp!), and the end was outstanding.
    Not a movie, but I picked up a 99 cent a month deal on Discovery+, and I watched JACK OSBOURNE'S NIGHT OF TERROR: BIGFOOT. I'm a sucker for all things Bigfoot. Of course jack didn't find Bigfoot, but I like Jack, and seeing him in the woods for 90 minutes with Jason Mewes delivered some good laughs.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Wander starring Aaron Eckhart with co-stars Tommy Lee Jones and Heather Graham. This movie likely would have been better if I was on LSD. A paranoid schizophrenic tries to track down a conspiracy going on in a small town called Wander. The movie was confusing and succeeded in making the viewer wonder what is real and not real. However this was not my cup of tea at all. There were many loose ends, open ended ideas without enough explanation, and an ending that wasn't satisfactory to me.

2 out of 5 stars.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The Silencing. This was a decent thriller with a short enough runtime to keep my attention. This was standard fair stuff about a small town sheriff who shares a border with an American Indian Reservation, a down and out drunk with a mission, and a killer who hunts victims in the surrounding woods.

I will say within the first few moments of the movie there was an editing error which almost made me turn the movie off. It wasn't a big deal but made me wonder for a moment if I should continue. However I'm glad I did.

3 out of 5 stars.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    In the Electric Mist starring Tommy Lee Jones. This was an unexpected little gem. Some great dialogue, one liners, atmosphere, and music all very good. Mr. Jones played his standard character but played it very well with a setting that really speaks to me.

There are lines in the movie that make me think and 100% stuck with me. I like things that can bounce around my skull for a bit and give my thoughts a tingle.

4 out of 5.
    Can't go much wrong with a James Lee Burke book!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    In the Electric Mist starring Tommy Lee Jones. This was an unexpected little gem. Some great dialogue, one liners, atmosphere, and music all very good. Mr. Jones played his standard character but played it very well with a setting that really speaks to me.

There are lines in the movie that make me think and 100% stuck with me. I like things that can bounce around my skull for a bit and give my thoughts a tingle.

4 out of 5.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Invasion U.S.A.starring Chuck Norris. Wow. 1980's action movie with all of what you would expect. Great for a rainy Saturday as you idle away your time cleaning the house and occasionally looking at the TV.

Pretty bad movie but stuff is blown up frequently enough for me to stay 50% engaged in the film.

I'm not going to rate this. It is what it is. It's pretty bad...LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I like Damon as well. That likely had something to do with the rating as well. I expect a bit more from his movies. This one felt like it was mailed in.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Ouch. I typically like Matt Damon's movies, though nothing he's done recently has caught my eye.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Stillwater. Garbage from Matt Damon. Do not waste your time.

-2 out of 5.

Edit: Maybe the rating was a little harsh. 1 out of 5.
    Ouch. I typically like Matt Damon's movies, though nothing he's done recently has caught my eye.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Stillwater. Garbage from Matt Damon. Do not waste your time.

-2 out of 5.

Edit: Maybe the rating was a little harsh. 1 out of 5.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 06-27-2022, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X