Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Dilemma...This had a chance of being funny if they cut about 40% of the movie out, changed actors to one's that had any chemistry, and rewrote the entire script. That being said I would give this one 1 out of 5 because I did actually watch the whole thing.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

    Comment


      Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
      The Dilemma...This had a chance of being funny if they cut about 40% of the movie out, changed actors to one's that had any chemistry, and rewrote the entire script. That being said I would give this one 1 out of 5 because I did actually watch the whole thing.
      When I saw the original "Your car is gay" teaser, I thought, between boughts of laughter, that I'd have to put it on my list to watch list. But when the studio bowed to pressure and took the teaser out of circulation, I knew it was in trouble; I never saw it and don't plan to, but it sounds like you need to give yourself a 5/5 for sitting thru it. Congrats!
      "I'm a vegan. "

      ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

      Comment


        Apollo 18 - 7.5 out of 11

        Was hoping it'd be better, but was glad it didn't suck as much as it could have. I liked the effects, though the effects of the moon itself weren't as good as the movie Moon
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

        Comment


          Drive: Stylish and mesmerizing. It's The Man with No Name transplanted to the streets of LA via 1940's noir sensibilities. An elevator scene is absolutely astonoshing.
          So good, it made me forget about the trailer for a movie called Premium Rush, which looked suspiciously like a remake and repackaging of Quicksilver (1986) with Kevon Bacon.
          Deserving of a second viewing. 4/5
          Last edited by srboone; 11-09-2011, 03:27 AM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

          ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

          Comment





            Loved it during its original run, loved it again while watching the BD.
            I was never a huge fan of the original t.v. series (I prefer the spin-offs), but meeting the characters here for the first time, so to speak, was awesome.
            Great cast, excellent visuals, terriffic soundtrack, above average storyline - one of the best ST movies ever.
            Now why does it take so long for the sequel to happen?

            ****1/2 / *****

            sk

            Comment


              Maybe JJ Abrams spent some time going back to film school to learn how to make a good movie. ST was one of the most annoying films I've ever seen. Every 30 seconds, there's light flares as the camera swoops around or pans the set. And I can tell you, that much reflective material on the bridge of a starship would not be allowed. An approaching enemy would just have to shine a light into the bridge and render the entire crew helpless for the short time it would take to fire a photon up the the Enterprise's ass.

              It's not fun watching a movie and wishing you had a different angle on just about every shot.

              Though I never knew Dr. Mcoy joined the Federation to escape his multiple ex-wives! That was cool!
              Last edited by srboone; 09-17-2011, 04:09 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

              Comment


                Thor 4.5/5 plus Natalie Portman which adds points.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                  Thor 4.5/5 plus Natalie Portman which adds points.
                  Good call, Ken.

                  Thor was one of three big budget films this summer I found really entertaining. Thor, Captain America, and Fast Five (it took 'em five tries, but they finally made a good movie!)
                  "I'm a vegan. "

                  ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                  Comment


                    X-men 1st Class 4.5/5. Some stuff bothered me because it was so hokey, but the fact that there is now yet another bacon movie to link him to so many stars earns some points. The 2 big characters (if you know what I mean) were splendidly portrayed. I'd love to give this a 5, but some of the costumes and such bothered me a lot. Still a great movie.
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                      X-men 1st Class 4.5/5. Some stuff bothered me because it was so hokey, but the fact that there is now yet another bacon movie to link him to so many stars earns some points. The 2 big characters (if you know what I mean) were splendidly portrayed. I'd love to give this a 5, but some of the costumes and such bothered me a lot. Still a great movie.
                      I really liked this movie as well. My biggest problem with it, where the plot inconsistancies with last X-Men movie.

                      Spoiler!


                      I can let the last inconsistency go, but the first one was kinda big and could have been avoided.
                      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                      Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

                      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                      Comment


                        I agree, Dan. Still a great movie, though, overall. I won't even talk about Wolverine Origins. I didn't like that one much at all.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                          I agree, Dan. Still a great movie, though, overall. I won't even talk about Wolverine Origins. I didn't like that one much at all.
                          I actually kinda did like that one, my biggest beef with it was more of a reality kinda thing. If you could live forever like Logan, wouldn't you be a rich SOB, and not a soldier in every single war.
                          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                          Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

                          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Maybe JJ Abrams spent some time going back to film school to learn how to make a good movie. ST was one of the most annoying films I've ever seen. Every 30 seconds, there's light flares as the camera swoops around or pans the set.
                            Guess you weren't too fond of Super 8 either?

                            sk

                            Comment


                              I liked it better than ST, but still ambivialent toward it. The best thing about the movie was the kid called Chompers. Really liked him!

                              But the only real problem I had with ST was the director; I just don't think he know how to make a watchable movie. And the kid playing spock was kinda blah--and binging back Nimoy as spock prime was mistake--these kids have to stand on their own.
                              Last edited by srboone; 09-17-2011, 05:05 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

                              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                I actually kinda did like that one, my biggest beef with it was more of a reality kinda thing. If you could live forever like Logan, wouldn't you be a rich SOB, and not a soldier in every single war.
                                Maybe that was what bothered me about it. A large chunk was just scenes, which were cool, but had not story really. They could have been images alone, and I think some were. Like I said, cool, but adding nothing. The story wasn't horrid, but there were some inconsistencies as you stated. But I guess my biggest issue was I got overly bored with it a lot. Not sure why, but I own the movie and never pop it in. Although now I am wanting to watch it just to find out what the major thing is I don't like. Maybe it was just too predictably tidy or something. I'll have to figure it out.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X