Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just saw Blade Runner 2049. Disappointed. The original is sprinkled with small meaningful moments that add up to a great film. The music, the effects, the acting, the cast, the story, all special. I'll watch Blade Runner again, I'm sure I'll never watch 2049 again.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Watched Avengers: Infinity War last night and, as expected, I liked it quite a bit. It's a Marvel movie and does it's Marvel movie thing. Since I have more than a passing familiarity to the source material, I expected the ending but thought it was handled well. Lots of people complaining about Black Panther not having much to do, but felt that he and his supporting cast were well-represented given that most of the heroes were not essential to moving the plot forward weren't given a whole lot to do beyond the fight scenes. Grade: B+

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    We watched Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS last night. My wife exclaimed "Too many characters!", and promptly dozed off.
    I thought it was a beautiful-looking film. I'm a big Branagh fan, both as an actor and a director, so this was right up my alley. The scene where Poirot gathers all of the suspects together at the end was awesome. I thought the solution was a little silly, but it was probably the LEAST silly way that it could have been resolved. I liked how it set the table for a sequel, which I hope happens.
    That Mustache was an insult to Hercule Poirot LOL!! David Suchet's version is great, if you haven't seen it.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    We watched Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS last night. My wife exclaimed "Too many characters!", and promptly dozed off.
    I thought it was a beautiful-looking film. I'm a big Branagh fan, both as an actor and a director, so this was right up my alley. The scene where Poirot gathers all of the suspects together at the end was awesome. I thought the solution was a little silly, but it was probably the LEAST silly way that it could have been resolved. I liked how it set the table for a sequel, which I hope happens.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This is a great movie. Sam Rockwell is a perennial favorite of mine. The same director did In Bruges and Seven Psycopaths. If you haven’t seen them, I highly recommend checking them out. There’s more comedy in both of these than Billboards but there’s a similar feel.
    Oh, cool! I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X