Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Controversial Film Opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    In honor of today's date, my controversial film opinion is that the Star Wars saga is completely overrated. I am an 80's kid and grew up with them; however, if I am being honest, while they are watchable, I have never sought them out and don't get the whole cultural phenomena thing (though I can admit that the toys I grew up with were pretty kick-a**). For me, the films themselves wouldn't even rank in my top ten sci-fi movies of all time. I do know that I am the minority here though and expect to be lambasted for this opinion. I can admit that the effects of the movie were revolutionary for their time; so, there is that.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I love that our level of intensity is usually "Agree to Disagree" LOL!
    Yea, Dan! Let's keep it civil.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    How dare you!? LOL LOL
    I'll admit. I'm both easily amused and entertained.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Clearly Tom Cruise is a Vampire LOL! The dude is in his 50's and still looks, well, like that HAHA!! I enjoyed his Jack Reacher films, I didn't want to, despite his lack of stature, he delivered on intensity. He has made some interesting Sci-Fi films, I liked Edge of Tomorrow, Groundhog Day with Aliens HAHAH!! William Smith? I Am Legend is watchable, but it's no Omega Man.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    How dare you!? LOL LOL

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Two of my favorites of course lol.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I love that our level of intensity is usually "Agree to Disagree" LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Jackson's was the best to date, hands down.
    Agree to disagree. I found that movie incredibly boring. Personally I found Skull Island highly enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    I hate kaiju Kong!!

B
    Jackson's was the best to date, hands down.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    I hate kaiju Kong!!

B

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I think this may be a complaint and not controversial.

Overrated Actors:
    • Will Smith
    • Tom Cruise
    Two of my favorites of course lol.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied

Overrated Actors:
    • Will Smith
    • Tom Cruise
    Both of those actors are very good at playing themselves. Where Tom Cruise shines is really the stunts more than the acting itself. The man does all of his stunts himself, and it's honestly impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Overrated Actors:
    • Will Smith
    • Tom Cruise

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I watched it and found it repetitive, slightly long, and with no clear conclusion. When it was all said and done I liked the thought but not the script.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I don't think that's a controversial opinion. All I read was hate for that movie. I loved it, but I want to watch it again to see if I really loved it. Really really loved it.

I loved the first 90% of Hereditary but hated the way it ended.

i loved The Babadook but it gave me a huge case of the depressions. I will probably never watch it again. Or I might.

Didn't see It Follows or Saint Maude or Midsomar or The Lighthouse but want to. I really want to. Also I really really want to.

I think that covers the emergence of art-house horror movies. Which I like but not blindly. Not because the critics claim I should.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    I have an attention span, I enjoy things others find dull, but...

The Witch was no damn good.
    I don't think that's a controversial opinion. All I read was hate for that movie. I loved it, but I want to watch it again to see if I really loved it. Really really loved it.

I loved the first 90% of Hereditary but hated the way it ended.

i loved The Babadook but it gave me a huge case of the depressions. I will probably never watch it again. Or I might.

Didn't see It Follows or Saint Maude or Midsomar or The Lighthouse but want to. I really want to. Also I really really want to.

I think that covers the emergence of art-house horror movies. Which I like but not blindly. Not because the critics claim I should.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Originally posted by marvelsferb7 View Post
    "Range" is really overrated when talking about actors and this sub needs to find new criteria.
    I think we agree on this. I think range can be great, but let's look at William Shatner: he didn't have it, but he will always be remembered because he brought an iconic character to life.

...but then, I really appreciate people like Meryl Streep (who can play basically anything).

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    I have an attention span, I enjoy things others find dull, but...

The Witch was no damn good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X