Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Me and the wife did watch Bates Motel and enjoyed it. She liked it more than I did but I still ended up watching the entire series.

I will be adding El Camino to my list.

I forgot we also wrapped up watching The Kominsky Method. I'm sure this one isn't for all but I thought it was witty and well written. Hoping for another season of this one.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
    Currently on the final season of The Bates Motel. Started off slowly but seems to be one of the few TV series that improves as it goes on. Last two seasons have been fantastic.
    Also recommend The End of the F***ing World. A British dark comedy. First season is great though the second doesn't quite match it.

El Camino didn't really work for me. The ending of Breaking Bad was perfect as it was.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Currently on the final season of The Bates Motel. Started off slowly but seems to be one of the few TV series that improves as it goes on. Last two seasons have been fantastic.
    Also recommend The End of the F***ing World. A British dark comedy. First season is great though the second doesn't quite match it.

El Camino didn't really work for me. The ending of Breaking Bad was perfect as it was.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I enjoyed El Camino as well. It wasn't quite as momentous as I'd hoped (probably expecting too much, really), but was a nice, brief extension and denouement of what was, I think, the best series ever crafted for television. It didn't add anything to the mythos, per se, but it was great revisiting that environment and (some of) its characters again.

On a unrelated program, my wife and I were enjoying Santa Clarita Diet...too bad Netflix decided to cancel it after just a couple seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am really out of many loops. I was one of the OG BB watchers and loved the show. Thanks for saving me a google.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It's an epilogue (of sorts) to Breaking Bad. It centers on Jessie Pinkman.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have still not watched El Camino. This in itself is odd as I loved Breaking Bad. El Camino picks up were Breaking Bad ended (Jesse driving off in an El Camino) and shows you the aftermath of the events of the show in Jesse's life.
    I really enjoyed it and thought it was well done.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The best show on Netflix is 'The Great British Baking Show'. And, no I am not kidding. I fell in love with this show back when it was on public television and continue to love it today.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Now I need to look up El Camino. Not sure what it is.
    I have still not watched El Camino. This in itself is odd as I loved Breaking Bad. El Camino picks up were Breaking Bad ended (Jesse driving off in an El Camino) and shows you the aftermath of the events of the show in Jesse's life.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It's an epilogue (of sorts) to Breaking Bad. It centers on Jessie Pinkman.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    THE WIFE and I are rewatching Breaking Bad leading up to a viewing of El Camino.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Watched the new season of The Crown...neither my wife nor I enjoyed it nearly as much as the previous seasons. The queen became an emotionless cipher instead of a sympathetic character, and the focus on geopolitics was a bit much. Probably more true to reality than perhaps the other seasons, but it doesn’t make for particularly entertaining television.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    THE WIFE and I are rewatching Breaking Bad leading up to a viewing of El Camino.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I'm looking forward to The Witcher later this month and then Locke and Key in Feb.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    started a topic General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

If there is a dedicated thread for Netflix I couldn't find it. If there is please redirect me.

I thought it would be fun to have a dedicated thread for Netflix TV and one for Netflix Movies.

Anyone watching anything on Netflix currently? I wrapped up watching Derry Girls and enjoyed it a lot. Charming, funny, and a well done comedy.
Working...
X