Godzilla - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godzilla - 2014

Has anyone else seen this trailer yet? I am super excited for this movie, it looks fantastic.

CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Looks a lot better than the last one. Is that Breaking Bad dude?

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      Looks a lot better than the last one. Is that Breaking Bad dude?
      Yep. Also there are supposedly 2 other giant monsters, which you can catch glimpses of in the trailer.

Instagram

Comment

Saw the trailer last night in front of 300: Rise of an Empire. Looks sweet!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This looks pretty cool, the silliness of the Broderick movie kind of killed the that cgi monster movie. Rodan is for sure one of the monsters, not for sure what the tentacle/sucker creature might be. Hope there is a ton of mayhem.

The back of a Godzilla toy states..."Goijara" was last spotted in 1954, when the U.S. Navy encountered him and attempted to kill him with an atomic blast in the Pacific Ocean. Since then, the giant creature has been living in the deep ocean until a threat to his survival from an ancient foe forces him to appear.
          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I'm going to spoiler tag this, but I don't think it's actually a spoiler.

Spoiler!

Instagram

Comment

It looks awesome but the trailer made a fatal error by showing the monster at the end. Movies of this nature are much more effective in building atmosphere and tension with what you don't see. Jaws is an excellent example of this, as it's not until two thirds into the movie that the shark is finally revealed and audiences were terrified. By showing the monster in the advance trailer, the producers of Godzilla are wasting the opportunity to build tension and keep audiences in the dark.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                It looks awesome but the trailer made a fatal error by showing the monster at the end. Movies of this nature are much more effective in building atmosphere and tension with what you don't see. Jaws is an excellent example of this, as it's not until two thirds into the movie that the shark is finally revealed and audiences were terrified. By showing the monster in the advance trailer, the producers of Godzilla are wasting the opportunity to build tension and keep audiences in the dark.
                I never really though of Godzilla as that kind of movie though. It's not really about tension as much as sheer overwhelming power and destruction. It's pretty hard for a gigantic monster to be ominous, unless you're going for the whole "Cloverfield" thing, which probably isn't a good thing to aim for since that was a pretty terrible movie.

Edit: I just thought of something. Godzilla movies aren't really "Horror" or "Suspense" movies like a Jaws type movie is. They are more "Disaster" movies.

Instagram

Comment

Always enjoyed the Godzilla movies of old. I look forward to this new one.
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Not sure if I will see this at the theatre or not. I loved the old dubbed Godzilla movies as a kid (and the original Ultraman series was awesome too! - have them on DVD). The Matthew Broderick one was terrible and same as Godzilla 2000 (?). They need to stick to what works best, and if that means a guy in a rubber suit (even if you can see the zipper line up the back like in some of those Japanese monster movies/series), then so be it.

Comment

I liked Godzilla 2000! Better than the MB version, any way.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I never actually saw Godzilla 2000 maybe I'll have to check it out. The MB version was pretty terrible. That said if this had been called / branded as anything other than Godzilla I'd still be very interested in it.

Instagram

Comment

I'm with you on this one Dan! Looks bad ass regardless of the name. I like Godzilla 2000 definitely better the US version, but it still didn't quite have the same feel as the older ones I grew up on. Haven't seen any since though.

Comment

I recently saw this on on-demand. Didn't think I would enjoy that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure why exactly, but the team behind the picture balanced everything nicely. Much better tone than "Pacific Rim." And I must admit: I liked that Godzilla was sort of not in it that much. Not sure why on that either, except to say that, as we all know, sometimes the villains are more interesting than the hero.

A future film should tackle global warming and the environment by bringing back the Smog Monster. Be neat to see an allegorical approach, showcasing the political battle currently going on in that arena. Imagine an O'Reilly-type character saying something like: "So the liberals say this 'smog monster' boogeyman is going to come and get us...we've had dealings with other beasts, but seriously, a smog monster?...show me the proof, Mrs. President, show me the proof...and that's your memo for tonight...".

Comment

Working...
                            X