Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I've not seen many but i loved 'The Mist' but really didn't care for 'IT', maybe i was comparing it to the book and not looking on the film in its own right!?

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I must agree that The Dead Zone has been underrated in this list.

Leave a comment:

• njhorror
    replied
    Storm Of The Century

Leave a comment:

• lilbirdy
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I think you mean Secret Window.
    And I agree; it's not one of the best, but worth a checking out.

sk
    Oops! LOL! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mlouisdixon
    replied
    I'd have to say Dead Zone was my favorite. Christopher Walken played an excellent Johnny. I tried to watch the TV series with Anthony Michael Hall, but it just sucked.
    Did any of you catch Walken doing his SNL version of Dead Zone where he touches people and gets psycic flashes of mundane events like spoiled milk? Funny as hell.

MLD

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by lilbirdy View Post
    No one has mentioned Secret Garden yet. Okay, not the best movie ever made, but interesting!
    I think you mean Secret Window.
    And I agree; it's not one of the best, but worth a checking out.

sk

Leave a comment:

• lilbirdy
    replied
    No one has mentioned Secret Garden yet. Okay, not the best movie ever made, but interesting! A movie I WISH would be made is The Long Walk. I love that story!

Leave a comment:

• thelion
    replied
    It's difficult to choose the order, but I'd have to go with many of the standards:
    Stand by Me
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Stand
    The Shining
    Creepshow
    Carrie
    Misery
    The Green Mile
    It

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    In no particular order I would go for The Mist (great characters showing that the real monsters were actually on the inside), Stand by Me (the relationship of the kids was superb), Misery (whilst THAT scene was different from the book it still packed an almighty wallop) and Creepshow (Romero and King just having some fun with Savini along for the ride. Since then cockroaches are my number one hate)

Leave a comment:

• cdfan
    replied
    Originally posted by lilbirdy View Post
    If I remember correctly, in the book, Dolores had three children--2 sons and a daughter. In the movie, she only had a daughter.
    Right you are, thanks. I grabbed my copy and looked it up.

Leave a comment:

• lilbirdy
    replied
    Originally posted by cdfan View Post
    glad to see a few people adding Dolores to their lists. Does tend to be underrated. Also to the best of my knowledge rather faithful to the novel. Could be completely wrong as it has been quite a few years since reading it, but I don't remember any huge changes jumping out at me as I read it.
    If I remember correctly, in the book, Dolores had three children--2 sons and a daughter. In the movie, she only had a daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Invisime77
    replied
    Dolores Claiborne would be on my list too. I love all of the above with the exception of Dreamcatcher because I haven't seen it. There were some that disappointed me like Salem's Lot & Graveyard Shift. I get really angry when I see a bad Stephen King movie for some reason. It's like I know the story is so much better, ya know? The "made for tv" series typically ruin his stories. It's funny how I just watch them anyway and somehow enjoy them. It's like his story is too good not to like, even if it has been butchered on t.v. Desperation would be one example.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The Raft was a published short of his; I think the other two he wrote specifically for the movie.

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    If I recall correctly, "The Raft" was one of the stories featured in Creepshow 2.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Was Creepshow 2 his stuff? Or someone else's?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X