No announcement yet.

Best King Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree T-Dogz, I love both 2001 and The Shining, and find neither boring. Both are mesmerizing with their visual displays.

Comment

It's been a VERY long time since I saw 2001. I am really going to have to find it and watch it again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        It's been a VERY long time since I saw 2001. I am really going to have to find it and watch it again soon.
        It's a brilliant film, you won't regret it!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

I'll check Netflix maybe

Comment

I haven't seen 2001 either. It's been on my radar for awhile yet never seems to get to the top of the heap. I do remember trying to read the book and was like, what the heck is going on. Of course I was in the sixth grade at the time so that might have had a lot to do with it.

Comment

It's boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                I haven't seen 2001 either. It's been on my radar for awhile yet never seems to get to the top of the heap. I do remember trying to read the book and was like, what the heck is going on. Of course I was in the sixth grade at the time so that might have had a lot to do with it.
                And I think that's the point. Arthur C Clarke has a quote somewhere about him and Kubrick wanting the audience to wonder and ask questions - make the audience think.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  And I think that's the point. Arthur C Clarke has a quote somewhere about him and Kubrick wanting the audience to wonder and ask questions - make the audience think.
                  Your absolutely right TJCams. The signature of Stanley Kubrick's film making was to always keep the answers out of reach, and that's precisely why his films have depth and hidden meaning - they make you think.

His whole mantra of film making was based on a very famous quote:

"In all things that are mysterious - never explain."
                  - H.P. Lovecraft
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                  X