No announcement yet.

Best King Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit, I haven't seen many King movies, but I liked Misery and The Green Mile.
    www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

The Green Mile has to be one of my favorites. Also dug Silver Bullet, Stand By Me, Cujo and The Mist.

Comment

Shawshank Redemption
        Creepshow (with a big shout-out to Leslie Nielsen)
        STORM OF THE CENTURY

All 3 are equal in my heart.
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

The Green Mile
          The Shawshank Redemption
          Misery
          The Body, I mean Stand by Me...even though I saw the movie first I still always wanna call it The Body.

Comment

Sheesh! I already answered this.
            "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
              Sheesh! I already answered this.
              No worries! With all the threads and new posts to manage I'm pretty sure I've doubled up on answering things as well.

Comment

I know I've repeated myself on this forum. Usually it's been a few monthsand there are new people who I haven't had a chance to torment with certain viewpoints, so I don't mind doing a repeat.

Like this one:

I don't care what Mr. King says (or anybody else who disagrees with me), but The Shiningis the best movie based on a work by King; not adaptation, that's a book on film, any film school dropout can do that--but a work of art that can stand on it's own merits. King has stated that the difference between the book and movie is fire and ice: His Overlook burns down; Kubrick's Overlook freezes. Fine, But Kubrick understands that the true horror of The Shining is it's relentlessness--something you can't get from a 3-part miniseries.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/wo...en-king-movies

sk

Comment

I'd have to agree with you Squire! The Shinning is great, as you said, on its own it still makes for a fantastic movie. I don't even mind the differences. although most of the time I do.

Comment

I would say they got things pretty well right on this list. I'd move quite a few, but not far. But they shouldn't have counted any of the sequels that had no link to King. I was glad to see The Mist in the top 10.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I hate the poor acting in the shinning (kubricks) Everyone but Jack Nicholson sucked and even he wasnt at his best...but still really good. everyone else though just annoyed me. specially the mother.

Comment

I'm no big fan of Shelley Duvall, but I wouldn't call the acting bad. We may not have enjoyed it, but I'm absolutely sure that Stanley Kubrick got the performances that he wanted from everyone involved. He was such a perfectionist that what you saw on the screen was pretty much what he was looking for.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It took me forever to figure out how to start the countdown. But #2? I can accept that only because Shawshank is indeed a great movie (though I think The Shining is better.) Thanks, Siep!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Welcome!

sk

Comment

I've seen every King film, except for Dolan's Cadillac and all those "dollar babies" that have been making the film festival circuit here lately (a very cool idea on King's part, just wish I had access to them) and my favorites are

The Shining (Kubrick's version)
                                Stand by Me
                                Shawshank Redemption
                                Carrie (de Palma's version)
                                Misery
                                Pet Semetary
                                Creepshow
                                Storm of the Century

"It" would have been on the list because I remember loving it when I was younger and it first aired, I recently re-watched it and while I still have a soft-spot in it for my heart (love Tim Curry in it and wish he could do the role again), a lot of the acting came across as campy and just plain bad, the adult actors much more so than the child actors, I'm glad a new version is coming out and I hope it does the great book justice
                                Last edited by Tommy; 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X