Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    Dolores seemed rushed at the end and I only watch The Green Mile till right when it's time for him to be executed. I mainly watch it because of Billy the Kid, he's hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    I'll say Pet Semetery because it still scares me, The Green Mile because it's a tear jerker, and The Shining (Kubrick) is a piece of cinematic art. I think Dolores Claiborne is very good too, but it seems to get overlooked quite a bit.
    I think the Green Mile is an excellent adaptation but it is not one I could see myself watching over and over again, maybe something to do with the extreme length of it, I also really liked Dolores Claiborne but I felt the final third of the film, courtroom scene, fell into cliches but I love Kathy Bates in it, she's always good

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    I'll say Pet Semetery because it still scares me, The Green Mile because it's a tear jerker, and The Shining (Kubrick) is a piece of cinematic art. I think Dolores Claiborne is very good too, but it seems to get overlooked quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I saw that on CHiller last week. the BO was bad for a reason.
    Thanks for taking one for the team

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I saw that on CHiller last week. the BO was bad for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Not a Christian Slater fan in general though.
    His movie Playback had the lowest gross at the box office last year, something like $252

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    For one thing.... I never had any interest in any of the silly sequels to any of his movies, or anyone else for that matter. Pet Sematary II was terrible! I watched the original about a week or 2 ago on my dish, and the sequel was right after.... it lasted 10 mins, and then I turned something else on.

Dreamcatcher - I actually enjoyed that movie, mind you some parts were "silly" you could say.

It's been sooooo long since I've watched Graveyard Shift - enjoyed the short story though.

Dolan's Cadillac - again, I really enjoyed the movie, have yet to read the short.

I would love to get my hands on DVD versions of Salem's Lot and It!

I enjoy almost all of King's movies (and movies that classify as horror - I used to be such a horror movie/monster movie geek) - I was never much of a reader back in the '80s, '90s (kick me please!), so looking at a list like this, makes me want to re-watch these movies, and also read the books that go along with them. Yet, I have so many other books to read, that once I finish Salem's Lot, I probably won't touch a King for a while.

Now my daughter is 14 and is in the scary movie phase - hard to recommend watching a King movie, as the effects are so outdated for the most part (she laughed at Pet Semetary for example - bad effects compared to 2013). And she loved 1408 by the way.
    I REALLY Didn't like Dolan's Cadillac. So bad. Not a Christian Slater fan in general though.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    For one thing.... I never had any interest in any of the silly sequels to any of his movies, or anyone else for that matter. Pet Sematary II was terrible! I watched the original about a week or 2 ago on my dish, and the sequel was right after.... it lasted 10 mins, and then I turned something else on.

Dreamcatcher - I actually enjoyed that movie, mind you some parts were "silly" you could say.

It's been sooooo long since I've watched Graveyard Shift - enjoyed the short story though.

Dolan's Cadillac - again, I really enjoyed the movie, have yet to read the short.

I would love to get my hands on DVD versions of Salem's Lot and It!

I enjoy almost all of King's movies (and movies that classify as horror - I used to be such a horror movie/monster movie geek) - I was never much of a reader back in the '80s, '90s (kick me please!), so looking at a list like this, makes me want to re-watch these movies, and also read the books that go along with them. Yet, I have so many other books to read, that once I finish Salem's Lot, I probably won't touch a King for a while.

Now my daughter is 14 and is in the scary movie phase - hard to recommend watching a King movie, as the effects are so outdated for the most part (she laughed at Pet Semetary for example - bad effects compared to 2013). And she loved 1408 by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I've seen every King film, except for Dolan's Cadillac and all those "dollar babies" that have been making the film festival circuit here lately (a very cool idea on King's part, just wish I had access to them) and my favorites are

The Shining (Kubrick's version)
    Stand by Me
    Shawshank Redemption
    Carrie (de Palma's version)
    Misery
    Pet Semetary
    Creepshow
    Storm of the Century

"It" would have been on the list because I remember loving it when I was younger and it first aired, I recently re-watched it and while I still have a soft-spot in it for my heart (love Tim Curry in it and wish he could do the role again), a lot of the acting came across as campy and just plain bad, the adult actors much more so than the child actors, I'm glad a new version is coming out and I hope it does the great book justice
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Welcome!

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It took me forever to figure out how to start the countdown. But #2? I can accept that only because Shawshank is indeed a great movie (though I think The Shining is better.) Thanks, Siep!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I'm no big fan of Shelley Duvall, but I wouldn't call the acting bad. We may not have enjoyed it, but I'm absolutely sure that Stanley Kubrick got the performances that he wanted from everyone involved. He was such a perfectionist that what you saw on the screen was pretty much what he was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I hate the poor acting in the shinning (kubricks) Everyone but Jack Nicholson sucked and even he wasnt at his best...but still really good. everyone else though just annoyed me. specially the mother.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I would say they got things pretty well right on this list. I'd move quite a few, but not far. But they shouldn't have counted any of the sequels that had no link to King. I was glad to see The Mist in the top 10.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I'd have to agree with you Squire! The Shinning is great, as you said, on its own it still makes for a fantastic movie. I don't even mind the differences. although most of the time I do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X