• Show
Clear All

• TerryE
    replied
    I love that one!

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    The Shining is and always will be one of the best horror films ever made.

So on that score, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfout_rgPSA

Someone has professionally made a spoof trailer for the Shining and turned it into a feel good family film.

It's very funny!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• oceanic remnant
    replied
    Many of them but I especially like Carrie, 1408, The Mist, The Stand (a mini series I know but I have it on DVD), Stand By Me. They're the ones that come to mind right now.

Leave a comment:

• mahduk
    replied
    Of all the movie versions of his works, I'd probably have to put the 1976 version of Carrie at the top of my list mostly from sheer number of times I find myself watching it. Since the first time I saw it I would have to say my number of viewings have to be in the 40's. I'm sure it has as much to do with Sissy Spacek's performance as much as the story itself.

Then, in no particular order:
    Creepshow
    Pet Sematary
    The Green Mile
    Shawshank Redemption
    The Mist

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    As far as I am concerned The Shining is the best adaptation of a Stephen King book. Like srboone said, they are both equally great, neither one better than the other, which is rare. Normally the book is much better than the movie. That said King has many other great movies, Pet Semetery, Carrie, The Mist, 1408, but probably my second favourite has to be Creepshow.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Agreed!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It would have been...

A whole load of CINEMATIC AWESOMENESS no doubt!

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    wow, just saw the trailer, lmao, he was right, it did scare the hell out of me...from sheer badness and I love the jabs at others who directed his stories, can you imagine if Kubrick had directed Maximum Overdrive?

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I've never seen the trailer, will have to seek that out now, wonder what he feels about his one and only directing credit now

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    It's the trailer that cracks me up. When King gets on screen a threatens. "I'm gonna scare the hell outta you!"

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Maximum Overdrive is best when viewed, shall we say, herbally-enhanced and with others who are herbally-enhanced so that the laughter becomes exponential, my friend posted a video from the movie of the Blonde waitress freaking out and saying "WE MADE YOU!!" he just thought that was the funniest thing ever

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I prefer the mini series of The Shining. I know I am in the minority on this but I have a soft spot for the original Maximum Overdrive.Not the best adaptation but so bad it's good.In a b movie sort of way. Best adaptation I am not sure.There have been a few.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Apples and oranges. King's book is great and so is Kubrick's film. I look at them as equals in different media.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    My favorite is The Shining. King doesn't like it, but so what.
    That is also my very favorite, I can see if I were King how he would have issues with it but thankfully, I am not King and can enjoy his book and Kubrick's film now the real question is, is Kubrick's film better than King's book?

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    My favorite is The Shining. King doesn't like it, but so what.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X